cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG AURA TERMINAL LED Blinking fast

screaminbrod
Level 7
Hi,

I hope you could help me. I bought this Terminal just this year. it works well but all of a sudden all rgb connected to it won't light up. I thought it was just a software issue. After reinstalling the software and doing multiple reboots, nothing worked. Until i noticed that the LED on the terminal just blinks fast after a split second when it turns on.

It is installed inside the Case using the molex and usb 9-pin connection. i have tried installing it as well outside the case using the power adapter and the usb cable type A that came with it. it won't still work and it still exhibits the same problem, (LED blinks fast).

Thanks in advance for your usual help and support.
3 REPLIES 3

pndiode
Level 11
Try using the built-in lighting effects. Do not connect the micro USB cable or USB 2.0 Type-A data cable. If it works, it might be a software conflict. If it does not work, it might be a shorted Aura Terminal. You can also try disconnecting your LED Strips and see if the ROG Logo stays a static (no blinking) color during built-in lighting effect. It might be a shorted LED Strip.

pndiode wrote:
Try using the built-in lighting effects. Do not connect the micro USB cable or USB 2.0 Type-A data cable. If it works, it might be a software conflict. If it does not work, it might be a shorted Aura Terminal. You can also try disconnecting your LED Strips and see if the ROG Logo stays a static (no blinking) color during built-in lighting effect. It might be a shorted LED Strip.

Thanks for the advise. I have tried what you have shared. for a split second it does light up normally, but then it would still suddenly blink fast again. when i press the button on the terminal, it does seem to change its led color. but still won't operate properly. i pressed the button by holding it down for it to turn off, but it won't turn off and it would still blink fast.

no RGB cables are connected by the way on the terminal and i am just using the power adapter that came with it. i am still getting the same issue.

pndiode
Level 11
I am out of ideas. Well its not a software conflict. Its not a shorted LED. It might be a defective Aura Terminal due to not working correctly using the built-in lighting effect. The ROG Logo should not be blinking (split second) using the built-in lighting effect. Try contacting ASUS Support to see what they have to say, since you brought it this year. Get a copy of your purchase receipt since warranty starts from date of purchase.