Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Unhappy

I too have the issue with the loud static, holy **** is it loud...

When buying the board I saw that this may of been an issue because I saw it as an issue on the motherboard support page, but supposedly resolved with a fw update. I didn't really think much of it, surely it must of been fixed by now.

I did do the fw update just to be on the safe side. and originally never had this happen until I decided to update my audio drivers with
    Armoury Crate. After updating the driver I now get this loud static buzz every week...

First I225-V issues on z490-e now alc4080 issues on z590-e...
    Last edited by JackBishop; 10-22-2021 at 07:58 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by JackBishop View Post
    I too have the issue with the loud static, holy **** is it loud...

When buying the board I saw that this may of been an issue because I saw it as an issue on the motherboard support page, but supposedly resolved with a fw update. I didn't really think much of it, surely it must of been fixed by now.

I did do the fw update just to be on the safe side. and originally never had this happen until I decided to update my audio drivers with
    Armoury Crate. After updating the driver I now get this loud static buzz every week...

First I225-V issues on z490-e now alc4080 issues on z590-e...
    The issue was noticed every 5-10 minutes without the firmware fix using the SPDIF output. Now it happens less frequently, but it still happens. Hopefully this can be fixed once and for all soon.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sartigan View Post
    The issue was noticed every 5-10 minutes without the firmware fix using the SPDIF output. Now it happens less frequently, but it still happens. Hopefully this can be fixed once and for all soon.
    It happens with normal analog output for me.

Moderator Array

Hi JackBishop,
    Do you mean you didn't face the loud static issue before updated Realtek Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2299?
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi Sartigan,
    Thank you for your reply.
    If you only connect a JBL soundbar via optical cable on the motherboard, does the static sound occurs?
    Could you please check it with bios all default settings?
    May I have a video about static sound with only SPDIF output?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi JackBishop,
    Do you mean you didn't face the loud static issue before updated Realtek Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2299?
    Thank you.
    No. Not what I meant.

Before I updated to V6.3.9600.2276 I seemed to be fine, no loud static. After installing the audio drivers from the Armoury Crate software I received Sonic suite, DTS and realtek audio console and other stuff.

When I was on basic windows audio driver I had no issue.

Realtek Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2299 has not helped one bit.

I originally had all drivers updated from Armoury crate but didn't touch the audio drivers, mainly because I feared I could run into this issue.

The loud static buzz is stopped by unplugging the headset and plugging it back in, switching audio to monitor then back.
    I've noticed just waiting for a while doing absolutely nothing fixes it too...

I have Corsair Icue, and razer software. But nothing like this ever happened on z490-e, which had its own stupid share of issues.

Moderator Array

Hi JackBishop,
    The static issue is under investigation and our tech team is testing the new driver for this.
    I'll post here if there is new driver update.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi JackBishop,
    The static issue is under investigation and our tech team is testing the new driver for this.
    I'll post here if there is new driver update.
    Thank you.
    Does this mean they have been able to produce the bug themselves? Cause then there is hope.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Does this mean they have been able to produce the bug themselves? Cause then there is hope.
    If not - they will have to, coz all Z690 boards with ALC4080 use the same Savitech SV3H712 Amp as our problematic Z590 boards. I think the reason there is no massive static noise complaint flood is coz not so many people bought Z590 boards (many people have decent PCs from previous upgrades or waiting for 12 gen sales starting next week). But Z690 will force vendors to solve it one way or another. If Z690 will have the same problem - that's where the "fun" will begins.

Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Hi Nuckels,
    For audio slightly delayed issue, may I double confirm the delay is within 1 second after updated audio driver V6.3.9600.2299?
    In addition to volume adjustment, you said have the same delayed issue with other scenario.
    Our tech team want to know more about these to dig in. Could you please help to provide videos for the following scenarios?
    - to pause a youtube video then unpause it one minute later and it has to resync the video and audio. it will display a freezed frame or two
    - even something as simple as playing a wav. file from windows
    - when you put in a usb device, will be delayed.
    Thank you.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast