Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Exclamation Fed up with the ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI audio problems and no communication.

    Dear Asus

    I'll get straight to it, the Z590 asus motherboard line up has consistant issues with it's audio drivers. There is a delay on waking up, there is a chance for random static to blast my ear drums and it's been 3 months since I reported it via a ticket. https://youtu.be/kiMFy8PxMqA?t=123 Like this video I just linked (which isn't made by me) the audio will randomly break when waking up killing my eardrums.

    I've sent multiple emails to ASUS that were forwarded to HQ eventually acknowledging these problems and being promised new drivers on the 13th of July, it's now been two months and nothing so far and I'd say this is quite a big problem? When can I expect new drivers to resolve these issues?

    Kind regards.

  2. #2
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    229

    Hi Nuckels,

    Did a delay and blasting occur on the specific software?
    May I know how do you connect to the speaker(via 3.5mm or SPDIF) and the brand and model name of your speaker?
    Could you please record a video about how it occurred on your pc?
    May I have the bios version and the audio driver version?
    Have you installed ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool from the link below?
    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro.../helpdesk_bios
    Thank you.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Nuckels,

    Did a delay and blasting occur on the specific software?
    May I know how do you connect to the speaker(via 3.5mm or SPDIF) and the brand and model name of your speaker?
    Could you please record a video about how it occurred on your pc?
    May I have the bios version and the audio driver version?
    Have you installed ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool from the link below?
    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro.../helpdesk_bios
    Thank you.
    To be clear, I have forwarded this all internally via tickets, if it's easier I can supply the email ticket ID's to you via DM so you can read it back for yourself? Eitherway I'll answer your questions.

    The delay and blasting occurs throughout any type of audio, from windows system sounds to youtube in firefox.
    3.5mm jacks
    Recording a video of the audio blasting is difficult as it would requiere me to pause and unpause audio potentially for hours, that said I did link a video from someone else experiecing the same exact thing.
    The latest Bios and audio drivers from the motherboard support page, bios 1007 and audio drivers Version 6.3.9600 (I have tried multiple different audio drivers posted on the forums and this issue has occured throughout all bios upgrades.)
    I have installed the updated FW to the audio chip.

    Kind regards.

  4. #4
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    229

    Hi Nuckels,

    Do you connect the speaker to the rear audio line out(lime) connection?
    Have you restored bios to all default settings, but still face the audio issues?
    For a delay on waking up, is it always or random?
    May I have the information below?
    -the serial number of your motherboard and email ticket ID via PM
    (I'll check with the related department for your information.)
    -the brand and the model name of the CPU, RAM, VGA, PSU, speaker
    (For RAM, please check the specific model name such as G.SKILL F4-4800C18D-32GTZR.)
    Thank you.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Nuckels,

    Do you connect the speaker to the rear audio line out(lime) connection?
    Have you restored bios to all default settings, but still face the audio issues?
    For a delay on waking up, is it always or random?
    May I have the information below?
    -the serial number of your motherboard and email ticket ID via PM
    (I'll check with the related department for your information.)
    -the brand and the model name of the CPU, RAM, VGA, PSU, speaker
    (For RAM, please check the specific model name such as G.SKILL F4-4800C18D-32GTZR.)
    Thank you.
    Yes , it also occurs via the frontjack from the case, it only doesn't occur if using the graphics card HDMI audio from my monitor.
    The issue is always there.
    Yes I have tried defaulting the bios.

    Responded via PM with my full system specs plus all the email ID's and S/N.

    I have also tried multiple speakers, and like I had previously mentioned, ASUS acknowledged the problem two months ago and promised to fix the drivers as soon as possible.

    Kind regards.

  6. #6
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    229

    Hi Nuckels,

    Thank you for your reply.
    I'll check internally.

  7. #7
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    229

    Hi Nuckels,

    After checked with our tech team, I'm afraid the new audio driver for audio delay is still under testing.
    However, we haven't encounter the audio blasting while testing.
    Could you please share the steps about audio blasting in details?
    Does it only occurs while playing youtube videos and pause and unpause audio for many times or click on different video in youtube?
    How long did it occur after playing youtube videos? How often did it occurred?
    May I have the name and the version of the browser and a video of the process when you encountered audio blasting?
    Thank you.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Nuckels,

    After checked with our tech team, I'm afraid the new audio driver for audio delay is still under testing.
    However, we haven't encounter the audio blasting while testing.
    Could you please share the steps about audio blasting in details?
    Does it only occurs while playing youtube videos and pause and unpause audio for many times or click on different video in youtube?
    How long did it occur after playing youtube videos? How often did it occurred?
    May I have the name and the version of the browser and a video of the process when you encountered audio blasting?
    Thank you.
    Thanks for the quick responses.

    It occurs when no other audio is playing and the audio "wakes up." The easiest way to do achieve it is to keep swapping youtube videos (or video files, mp3's) but it's a rather rare occurance. It's not linked to the browser as I had it occur from a system sound playing, launching a game, netflix swapping to the next episode of a series and more.

    Firefox 92, but it also occured on 90.0.1 etc.

    I will try my best to record a video of it in the weekend, but that could potentially be rather long video as it occurs randomly.

    Kind regards.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    Yup this is exactly the crap I am running into as well, guess I won't bother making a video as it's clearcut in this thread @ STARRAIN@ROG

    I hope you can forward the thread I have qouted and get back to me what is being done about this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •