Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    Please update Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307 and ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool released on 2021/12/09.
    Thank you.
    I open a ticket and sadly and I am sorry, Not all is fix with windows install and rma. sadly i find that my board has no warranty. and i will not apply a rma suggested bu asus support. And also, do not think a recall is needed. the driver manufacture need to step in since is not asus also.
    the fw update comes empty. and i am running 6.3.9600.2307 I still have the white noise, now nahimic errors and ui and crash, and the firmware update comes empty And i can not RMA the board. is to expensive to send (as happens with my old monitor) and the local store is ripoff place.

I will start to make a clean install and start from 0 and work with the windows 11 drivers added by itself that as NO issues But i spend 340usd on z590-e in march 2021 and fid out i have no warranty. how long last? less that half a year?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-17 081405.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	310.7 KB 
ID:	91096
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    Please update Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307 and ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool released on 2021/12/09.
    Thank you.
    So far so good it seems in regards to the static audio bug. Still struggling with both general playback of audio being delayed slightly as well as the wake up bug explained in https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...io-(Z690-Hero) this thread.

Like previously stated, it is not possible to record the micro delay of general playback, I'd specific hardware to achieve that. The wake up bug has been shown both by me here as well as BobVul in the thread I linked.

Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrAgapiGC View Post
    I open a ticket and sadly and I am sorry, Not all is fix with windows install and rma. sadly i find that my board has no warranty. and i will not apply a rma suggested bu asus support. And also, do not think a recall is needed. the driver manufacture need to step in since is not asus also.
    the fw update comes empty. and i am running 6.3.9600.2307 I still have the white noise, now nahimic errors and ui and crash, and the firmware update comes empty And i can not RMA the board. is to expensive to send (as happens with my old monitor) and the local store is ripoff place.

I will start to make a clean install and start from 0 and work with the windows 11 drivers added by itself that as NO issues But i spend 340usd on z590-e in march 2021 and fid out i have no warranty. how long last? less that half a year?
    Hi MrAgapiGC,
    To check the warranty, may I know the serial number of the motherboard and which country you live in via PM?
    Thank you.

ROG Member Array

I have a Z370-E and I was daily driving its S/PDIF port before I switched to the Z690-E. The S/PDIF on the Z370-E didn't have any issue regarding any type of lag. In fact, I used that port to check for lip-syn lag with respect to my HDMI systems. The S/PDIF was rock-solid on my Z370-E. So to say that any type of lag was to be expected only tells me downgrade in newer hardware version is to be expected. Which is, ironically, true in this day and age.

The wakeup lag on my Z690-E is so noticeable that anyone who doesn't notice it should be given an award. It's so easy to reproduce: just go to Windows sound setting, under File Explorer turn on the default sound for Start Navigation. You should hear a "click" sound every time you double click on a folder. Except you won't if you are using the S/PIDF on the Z690-E. The wakeup lag means that you would miss that "click" sound 100% of the time.

Right now I can suggest to my fellow sufferers of this lag problem the following workaround. Download the Spotify app, start the app, play something. You can stop playing as soon as some audio has come out. You can then minimise it or whatever, just don't close the app. As long as the app is opened - you don't even need it to be actively playing something - you shouldn't experience the wakeup lag.

Edit: forgot to mention: I didn't have any joy with the uninstalling Realtek's driver and using the generic driver trick. I seemed to still experience the lag after uninstalling the Realtek driver.
    Last edited by Nathan_Drake; 12-26-2021 at 04:33 PM.

You can use Sound Keeper. It will prevent digital or all outputs (if you wish) from sleep. Just add exe file in autostart folder and launch it.
    Add "Digital" in exe file name if you need only prevent SPDIF from going to sleep e.g. DigitalSoundKeeper64.exe
    Keep in mind while Sound Keeper process is active it won't allow your PC to go into sleep states as well since it will send 0 or unhearable signal to your speakers (you can change type of signal).
    https://veg.by/en/projects/soundkeeper/
    P.S. same thing with SPDIF (clicks and beggining of the audio cutouts) also happens with PCIe ASUS sound cards like Xonar AE.
    Last edited by Rocket Scientist; 12-27-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Moderator Array

Hi Nathan_Drake,
    Could you please help to create a new thread for the discussion about ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI board?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Drake View Post
    I have a Z370-E and I was daily driving its S/PDIF port before I switched to the Z690-E. The S/PDIF on the Z370-E didn't have any issue regarding any type of lag. In fact, I used that port to check for lip-syn lag with respect to my HDMI systems. The S/PDIF was rock-solid on my Z370-E. So to say that any type of lag was to be expected only tells me downgrade in newer hardware version is to be expected. Which is, ironically, true in this day and age.

The wakeup lag on my Z690-E is so noticeable that anyone who doesn't notice it should be given an award. It's so easy to reproduce: just go to Windows sound setting, under File Explorer turn on the default sound for Start Navigation. You should hear a "click" sound every time you double click on a folder. Except you won't if you are using the S/PIDF on the Z690-E. The wakeup lag means that you would miss that "click" sound 100% of the time.

Right now I can suggest to my fellow sufferers of this lag problem the following workaround. Download the Spotify app, start the app, play something. You can stop playing as soon as some audio has come out. You can then minimise it or whatever, just don't close the app. As long as the app is opened - you don't even need it to be actively playing something - you shouldn't experience the wakeup lag.

Edit: forgot to mention: I didn't have any joy with the uninstalling Realtek's driver and using the generic driver trick. I seemed to still experience the lag after uninstalling the Realtek driver.
    It's not exclusive to S/PIDF either, same occurs on analog.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardTUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-12700K 12 (8P+4E) Cores, 20 Threads 5 GHz,
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series 175R RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 11 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    It's not exclusive to S/PIDF either, same occurs on analog.
    Not very difficult to hear just listen when a Windows sound activates. You hear the scratch on load.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    You can use Sound Keeper. It will prevent digital or all outputs (if you wish) from sleep. Just add exe file in autostart folder and launch it.
    Add "Digital" in exe file name if you need only prevent SPDIF from going to sleep e.g. DigitalSoundKeeper64.exe
    Keep in mind while Sound Keeper process is active it won't allow your PC to go into sleep states as well since it will send 0 or unhearable signal to your speakers (you can change type of signal).
    https://veg.by/en/projects/soundkeeper/
    P.S. same thing with SPDIF (clicks and beggining of the audio cutouts) also happens with PCIe ASUS sound cards like Xonar AE.
    Did this fix your "begining cut off" sound issue? I am using Xonar AE and it still occurs with the program open...

Quote Originally Posted by Sartigan View Post
    Did this fix your "begining cut off" sound issue? I am using Xonar AE and it still occurs with the program open...
    Did you rename SoundKeeper64.exe into DigitalSoundKeeper64.exe before launch it? If so, then SPDIF output won't go in sleep state and won't skip first second of the audio each time.
    This trick works for both Realtek and AE (and even HDMI or Display Port audio). Don't forget to put this DigitalSoundKeeper64.exe into startup folder (then Sound Keeper will autostart with Windows).

How it should be:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zerVEyM.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	91419

If you have problems with other outputs and audio skips then you can try to and add "All" for all outputs and rename SoundKeeper64.exe into AllSoundKeeper64.exe

P.S.
    As you can see here, there is no audio skips when I change songs on my Realtek SPDIF output with Sound Keeper running in background.
    Last edited by Rocket Scientist; 12-30-2021 at 03:42 AM.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast