Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Which delay? The wake up delay, or the general delay? Cause in certain games audio is not in sync like Osu. This super small delay isn't really recordable, you can just tell when playing games that need you to react to audio que's.

Also can I specifically disable this power saving feature for just the audio chip?
    I suspect it is impossible to get rid of delay since audio codec use USB chipset lanes. USB audio always have higher latency compared to traditional on-board audio.
    You can try to disable audio enhancements in sound properties to minimize common audio delay (but you won't be able to use things such as EQ and other effects, it will ignore Realtek Audio Console audio tweaks, except sampling rate, volume and amplification level).
    P.S. under Win11 it will even make your sound better since Microsoft F up again and messed with loudness equalization is enabled with audio enhancements turned on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	166517d1512280841t-where-did-audio-enhancements-tab-go-my-playback-device-menu-speakers-properti.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	90718

Moderator Array

Hi Nuckels,
    Our tech team have checked scenario about the volume adjustment from your previous video.
    If you have concerns about other scenario such as in the specific games and play a video you mentioned, may I have videos about them?
    Please also provide me the information like the name and the version of the games, the browser and windows media player, youtube video link and wav. file you show in videos.
    I'll request our tech team to check your new videos again.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Nuckels,
    Our tech team have checked scenario about the volume adjustment from your previous video.
    If you have concerns about other scenario such as in the specific games and play a video you mentioned, may I have videos about them?
    Please also provide me the information like the name and the version of the games, the browser and windows media player, youtube video link and wav. file you show in videos.
    I'll request our tech team to check your new videos again.
    Thank you.
    I will try to get on it but I can't imagine a recording will show the delay, the delay is too small. I play games competatively and I can just notice the audio que's being off compared to my older systems.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    I suspect it is impossible to get rid of delay since audio codec use USB chipset lanes. USB audio always have higher latency compared to traditional on-board audio.
    You can try to disable audio enhancements in sound properties to minimize common audio delay (but you won't be able to use things such as EQ and other effects, it will ignore Realtek Audio Console audio tweaks, except sampling rate, volume and amplification level).
    P.S. under Win11 it will even make your sound better since Microsoft F up again and messed with loudness equalization is enabled with audio enhancements turned on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	166517d1512280841t-where-did-audio-enhancements-tab-go-my-playback-device-menu-speakers-properti.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	90718
    I have now disabled this, will see if I notice an improvement, thanks.

Edit: the thing is, if you completely remove the drivers and just let windows install some generic drivers, this delay isn't pressent. I presume it's still using the same usb audio lanes even with no drivers so it must be possible right?
    Last edited by Nuckels; 11-24-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi Nuckels,
    If the delay is too small, I'm afraid it might be difficult to check the difference.
    If you can help to provide 2 videos before and after remove the audio driver, it might be easier to compare the difference in the 2 videos.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Nuckels,
    If the delay is too small, I'm afraid it might be difficult to check the difference.
    If you can help to provide 2 videos before and after remove the audio driver, it might be easier to compare the difference in the 2 videos.
    Thank you.
    From first glance , disabling the enhancements seems to fix the delay actually but I'll keep testing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

From first glance , disabling the enhancements seems to fix the delay actually but I'll keep testing.
    There is still a slight delay after disabling the enhancements. Disabling just reduce the delay noticeably. At least majority of people won't pay attention anymore. Same if you uninstall Realtek audio driver and will use Microsoft one. A decent musician will catch this delay.
    Since I started to use Z590 audio - all the time I catch myself that there is something wrong with audio timing in games or videos.
    Last edited by Rocket Scientist; 11-25-2021 at 08:57 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    There is still a slight delay after disabling the enhancements. Disabling just reduce the delay noticeably. At least majority of people won't pay attention anymore. Same if you uninstall Realtek audio driver and will use Microsoft one. A decent musician will catch this delay.
    Since I started to use Z590 audio - all the time I catch myself that there is something wrong with audio timing in games or videos.
    There isn't anything that can be done to get close to onboard normal audio chips instead of ones runing via usb lanes in terms of delay? Also are you possible to somehow showcase this delay for Asus so they can can perhaps improve it via firmware?

ROG Enthusiast Array

There isn't anything that can be done to get close to onboard normal audio chips instead of ones runing via usb lanes in terms of delay? Also are you possible to somehow showcase this delay for Asus so they can can perhaps improve it via firmware?
    No and no. This is a such short delay nobody will bother, even if they will be able to hear the difference (which is doubtful attempt with a video demonstration). Disable enhancements - best thing you can do. It will reduce latency on any on-board audio. Previous Realtek codecs had delay too with enabled enhancements, just not so obviously noticeable.

ROG Member Array

If you want to know more about sound delay (which weirdly is ignored a lot), watch this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTuZvRF-OgE
    It also shows a way to measure sound delay.

I am divided myself on this. USB does have higher latency, but it also has pretty much no interference. Even when you turn the volume to the max you cant hear anything.
    Normal onboard chips have a much better latency, but also are very noisy, even on very expensive boards.
    Last edited by iisd; 11-27-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast