Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Hi there,
    For rebooting during games, please double check if you have updated
    AMD_GFX_v27.20.22001.19001(For Win10 WHQL)
    https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-str...pdesk_download
    Thank you.
    Hi Blake@ROG. Thanks for your attention.
    I was using Win 11pro with AMD 21.10.2 , and when playing "Days Gone" laptop was unable to stay in game more than 5 min and reboots. I must say that I played the "GodFall" before and there was no problem.
    Now I installed Win 10pro again and get "AMD_GFX_v27.20.22001.19001(For Win10 WHQL)" (as you advised) and all other drivers from asus , then played "days Gone" about 2 hours with no problem. It seems to be stable now, but it is too soon to conclude that the problem solved.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cheskyx View Post
    Same here. Randomly reboots after heavy GPU tasks ( Blender, Davinci Resolve ). I was thinking to get a workhorse for video editing and have a crap, so far.
    Managed to fix it? what drivers/os/vbios version?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MyRyzenWorld View Post
    Managed to fix it? what drivers/os/vbios version?
    No, I didn't. I performed a DDU and let WU to download all drivers from the Microsoft servers instead of ASUS. I still have a reboots but not so frequent like on the genuine ASUS ( maybe I'm wrong ). OS win11, vbios 77321.

regards
    chesky

New ROGer Array

experience with vbious 79208

i've flashed the new vbious in order to fix the random reboot issue , and it has been 15 days so far and no random reboots on any circumstances .

here i quot my comment explaining the performance of asus g513qy after vbious update copied from reddit since ppl have been asking to share my experience on this thread :
    before updating vbios i was playing hitman 3 , and got some drops in performance , but after flashing the 79208 the clock speed remained at 2223-ish MHZ .

But i wouldn't say it improves performance tho , i did time spy benchmark using the 79208, it gave me 11,0xx-ish result ,which is about average in my unit ,though i must mention that scores of 11,xxx-ish only appeared on my machine at AMD 21.8.2 vbios 77321 , any driver i've tested after that (21.9.2 and 21.10,2 ) gave me 10,9xx-ish results. Lastly , the numbers above could be applicable to my laptop only ,hence i dont encourage anyone to rely on them.
    Last edited by musano_99; 10-29-2021 at 01:53 PM.

New ROGer Array

After some days using "AMD_GFX_v27.20.22001.19001(For Win10 WHQL)" with no problem, another reboot happened just after closing a game.
    my vBios is 77321.

Moderator Array

Dear all,
    Thank you all for the information.
    There has been quite some DM and new information coming to me these days.
    I will organize them and keep you updated.

New ROGer Array

Thank you very much Blake@ROG. This computer makes me mad...I invested a ram and SSD upgrade and still thinking that will be good to go with my favourite software.

New ROGer Array

Regarding new vbios

I am not sure how reliable new vbios is I know two people who followed the guide on reddit to flash the vbios. Both of them seem to have less frequent reboots but it still reboots on occasions. There are also some comments of people saying that flashing vbios didn't do them any good. But yeah there are also people for whom reboots have stopped.
    For some reason Asus drivers were causing more reboots on 79208 vbios compared to 77231(not totally sure).

I am soon about to enter RMA process with asus so I am not going to flash the vbios to see for myself, the two people i know who have flashed still have occasional reboots, I will say far less than before.

Then while searching I also found this post https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...733#post846733, which if true for all R9 5900hx and 3070 system, rules out the possibility of vbios connection to reboots.

After RMA process of my laptop if the issue still persist I will go ahead and flash the vbios but that can take eons knowing how slow this process is going to be.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by _Eternity View Post
    I am not sure how reliable new vbios is I know two people who followed the guide on reddit to flash the vbios. Both of them seem to have less frequent reboots but it still reboots on occasions. There are also some comments of people saying that flashing vbios didn't do them any good. But yeah there are also people for whom reboots have stopped.
    For some reason Asus drivers were causing more reboots on 79208 vbios compared to 77231(not totally sure).

I am soon about to enter RMA process with asus so I am not going to flash the vbios to see for myself, the two people i know who have flashed still have occasional reboots, I will say far less than before.

Then while searching I also found this post https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...733#post846733, which if true for all R9 5900hx and 3070 system, rules out the possibility of vbios connection to reboots.

After RMA process of my laptop if the issue still persist I will go ahead and flash the vbios but that can take eons knowing how slow this process is going to be.
    As I suspect, there are multiple reasons for random reboots, therefore for some vBios totally stopped reboot issues, for others it didn't. Sadly, I cant pin point at this time ALL the reasons, only try and trial, will help us know when more units being debugged and tested with ASUS support team/Blake.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MyRyzenWorld View Post
    As I suspect, there are multiple reasons for random reboots, therefore for some vBios totally stopped reboot issues, for others it didn't. Sadly, I cant pin point at this time ALL the reasons, only try and trial, will help us know when more units being debugged and tested with ASUS support team/Blake.
    Try video rendering. Premiere pro, blender, davinci resolve, anything would do.
    Have Armoury crate opened and HWinfo opened as well.
    Monitor GPU clock, it crosses 2500Mhz so frequently. I am seeing hints that the over clocking done by Asus is unstable and people have silicon lottery are the only ones who don't have reboots because the card can handle it.

Yesterday we used 79208 vbios laptop, not flashed. It came with the vbios out of the box. We ran blender using cycles for rendering a demo files if 7 mb and 3 mins of rendering then closing blender and opening any other hardware accelerated program EVERY SINGLE TIME caused a reboot.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast