cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus 13 Hero Dual Video Card issue

Derkatron
Level 7
I've got my new Maximus 13 installed and have 2x GeForce 2080 TIs. In [PCIEX16_1 + PCIEX16_2] Mode, where both should be at 8x, I only have the first card visible in the bios at 16x, and the second doesn't show up in bios or in windows. When I put it in [PCIEX16_1 + PCIEX16_2 + M2_2] mode, everything shows up as it should in that mode, at 8x/4x/4x. I do not have an m2 in slot 2 so this mode doesn't help me other than just getting the second card to show up at all. Of course, SLI won't work with one card at 4x, so I'm kinda out of luck.

As far as I can tell from the manual, the default mode should allow for 8x/8x but I'm just getting one card and the other doesn't show up at all. I've run into similar snags as other posters here on missing the 'disable this to enable that' aspects of the PCI bus so it's entirely possible this is something along those lines, but I've pored over the manual and everything points to this setup working in 8x8x and I'm just not able to make it see the second card in that mode. Any ideas on how to get this working?
6 REPLIES 6

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Derkatron,

In addition to PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2, do you install any devices in other PCIE slots?
Do you only install SSD in M2_1?
May I have the bios version and the screenshots of the bios PCIE settings?
Have you tried restored bios to all default settings?
Thank you.

Hi derkatron.
You should post more info here to solve.
like What cpu
nvme in what slot and other hard drives listed.
bios
all other stuff connected like sound card etc.
power supply.
Thanks

I've uploaded a screenshot of bios settings, please let me know if you need more specific shots.

I have a NVME drive in slots 1 and 4, and no other cards in the PCI slots. CPU is a i9 11900K. Currently running bios version 1007. I have returned bios to defaults, and same results from both settings. I do have 4 sata drives connected and all are working fine in sata slots 1-4. Sata 5 and 6 are disabled because I'm using NVME 4 and that's all acting as expected.

blukas69
Level 7
Agreed all looks fine on your side. Maybe boot with 1 stick of ram and 1 hard drive only to start.
Hope you can figure out these boards are sensitive on first bootings after build. I had no graphics until i did the disable csm option. and turned off fast boot.
and it had to reboot several times to get ram correct also.
Please tell us if you figure it out. Sorry I was no help.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Derkatron,

Thankyou for your reply.
May I have the information below?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- If you use 2x GeForce 2080 TIs also our product, may I also have the serial numbers of your graphics cards via PM?
- the brand and the model name of your RAM, VGA, PSU and NVME drives in slots 1 and 4
(*Please provide the specific ram model name such as G.SKILL F4-4800C18D-32GTZR)
- OS version and OS build
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Derkatron,

Sorry for late reply.
We don't have EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 TI Hybrid, so our tech team have tested ASUS TURBO-RTX2080TI-11G x2, and both of them are at 8x.
Please remove the power cord and reinstall the CPU and the graphics cards again.
If it is still the same after reinstalled, please send the motherboard and the graphics cards to our local service center for further examination.
Please visit our official website for contact info of our local service center.
Thank you.