cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory query does not take Profile1 at 3200mhz mother Rog Strix B550 -F Gaming WiFi

SgtSaunders
Level 7
I have a problem that Profile 1 does not take me at 3200mhz when I turn on the PC, the yellow led light remains on and does not boot.
On the other hand, when I switch to Profile 2 at 3000mhz, I turn on the PC, it checks the LEDs correctly and boots normally.
I have 4x8 Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4, ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING motherboard (WI-FI) Bios updated view 2423 and Ryzen 7 5800X
I have noticed when I set Profile 1 at 3200mhz it remains with the yellow led without booting, but I reset it and it booted normally taking the memory at 3200mhz?
I do not understand if the memories are 3200mhz in Profile 1 it does not boot me then there must be a problem?
I hope the help to my consultation to the experts on the subject.

Memory model that I have installed
https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX432C16FB3A_8.pdf
4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
From the CPU, have you put the RAM in slots 2 & 4 (A2 & B2) ?

RedSector73 wrote:
From the CPU, have you put the RAM in slots 2 & 4 (A2 & B2) ?

Placing the memories in slots 2 and 4 (2x8) 16GB takes me profile 1 at 3200 Mhz
On the other hand, when I put all the memories in each slot 1,2,3,4 (4x8) 32GB when I turn off and restart the PC, the yellow memory led remains on without actually booting normally.
That's how weird it is in 2 and 4 at 3200 Mhz and 1,2,3,4 at 3000 Mhz.
What should I be doing wrong with the settings from the Bios or the memos are faulty or the problem is the motherboard?

RedSector73
Level 12
Ok, you need to manually set SOC Value try 1.1v to 1.15v

How to set SOC Voltage.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Extreme Tweaker (maybe AI Tweaker) -> CPU SOC Voltage set to manual
-VDDSOC Voltage Override and type in the voltage. 1.1 (4xdimms) or 1.15 (4xdimms, not quite stable @ 1.1v)

RedSector73 wrote:
Ok, you need to manually set SOC Value try 1.1v to 1.15v

How to set SOC Voltage.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Extreme Tweaker (maybe AI Tweaker) -> CPU SOC Voltage set to manual
-VDDSOC Voltage Override and type in the voltage. 1.1 (4xdimms) or 1.15 (4xdimms, not quite stable @ 1.1v)

Thanks for your answer. I will try to do what you described above.
I'll tell you later if it worked