Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Thank you, I look forward to hearing the tech team's response.

  2. #12
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    527

    Hi jnaeem,

    Our tech team didn't have VG259QM on hand, so they tested VG258QM instead, but they cannot duplicate the issue.
    They installed Intel Graphic Driver V26.20.100.6911 and NVIDIA Graphic driver V26.21.14.3058 from our support site, and connected VG258QM with HDMI. The monitor would wake from sleep mode. After shut down and turned on GU502GU, the monitor would wake as well.
    They also tried NVIDIA Graphic driver V27.21.14.5763 from device manager auto update and the monitor would wake from sleep.
    Here is the testing video.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sI6...K3yd2-sMm/view

    Therefore, our tech team suggest uninstall NVIDIA Graphic driver in device manager(check "delete the driver software for this device" option) and then install NVIDIA Graphic driver V26.21.14.3058 from our support site.
    https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GU5...Desk_Download/
    If the monitor doesn't wake from sleep with Intel Graphic Driver V26.20.100.6911 and NVIDIA Graphic driver V26.21.14.3058, please also try NVIDIA Graphic driver V27.21.14.5763 from device manager auto update.
    Thank you.

  3. #13
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi jnaeem,

    Our tech team didn't have VG259QM on hand, so they tested VG258QM instead, but they cannot duplicate the issue.
    They installed Intel Graphic Driver V26.20.100.6911 and NVIDIA Graphic driver V26.21.14.3058 from our support site, and connected VG258QM with HDMI. The monitor would wake from sleep mode. After shut down and turned on GU502GU, the monitor would wake as well.
    They also tried NVIDIA Graphic driver V27.21.14.5763 from device manager auto update and the monitor would wake from sleep.
    Here is the testing video.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sI6...K3yd2-sMm/view

    Therefore, our tech team suggest uninstall NVIDIA Graphic driver in device manager(check "delete the driver software for this device" option) and then install NVIDIA Graphic driver V26.21.14.3058 from our support site.
    https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GU5...Desk_Download/
    If the monitor doesn't wake from sleep with Intel Graphic Driver V26.20.100.6911 and NVIDIA Graphic driver V26.21.14.3058, please also try NVIDIA Graphic driver V27.21.14.5763 from device manager auto update.
    Thank you.
    Hi, thanks for the advice.

    I installed driver V26.21.14.3058 and it solved my issue, however, I am unsure that it is a permanent solution as I don't know the negatives of never updating my graphics card driver.

    Did the team have the opportunity to test the VG258QM with NVIDIA driver V30.0.14.7196? Before I had the VG259QM I had a VG258QM and experienced the same issues.

  4. #14
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    527

    Hi jnaeem,

    The driver on our support site is validated internally, so we suggest use the version from our support site.
    May I know where you did you download and update NVIDIA driver V30.0.14.7196?
    Thank you.

  5. #15
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi jnaeem,

    The driver on our support site is validated internally, so we suggest use the version from our support site.
    May I know where you did you download and update NVIDIA driver V30.0.14.7196?
    Thank you.
    I think it was just from the device manager, I right clicked the GPU in the display adapters and clicked update driver. It was either that or through the NVIDIA GeForce Experience program.

  6. #16
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    527

    Hi jnaeem,

    Our tech team also updated driver in the device manager yesterday, but the NVIDIA Graphic driver version is V27.21.14.5763.
    Could you please check updating driver in the device manager again?
    If the NVIDIA driver version is V30.0.14.7196, and cannot wake the monitor from sleep, could you please record a video about the V30.0.14.7196 update in the device manager?
    Thank you.

  7. #17
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi jnaeem,

    Our tech team also updated driver in the device manager yesterday, but the NVIDIA Graphic driver version is V27.21.14.5763.
    Could you please check updating driver in the device manager again?
    If the NVIDIA driver version is V30.0.14.7196, and cannot wake the monitor from sleep, could you please record a video about the V30.0.14.7196 update in the device manager?
    Thank you.
    Sure, here is the video:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ulv...LuAZnMHvS/view

  8. #18
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    527

    Hi jnaeem,

    Thank you for your video.
    I'll reported it to our tech team for further checking.

  9. #19
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    527

    Hi jnaeem,

    Our tech team have updated to NVIDIA Graphic driver V30.0.14.7196 and connected VG258QM with HDMI to test again, but they also cannot duplicate the issue.
    The monitor wake from sleep normally when turning on and waking up GU502GU.
    Please backup your personal files and refer to the following link to reset the laptop, and please make sure the HDMI cable is 1.4 or higher.
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013064/
    Thank you.

  10. #20
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Hi,

    Thank you for the advice. I tried using an HDMI 2.0 cable but it didn't work.

    Unfortunately I wasn't able to perform a system restore before the return deadline for the monitor so I had to return it.

    I appreciate your help in trying to solve my issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •