cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Soar headphone issue

paradise90
Level 7
I bought an Asus Strix Soar and i can't plug headphones to it normal. When i plug them to card, it delete headphones from system like device that can be plug in or just ignore and don't see them. When i try choose headphonse in soar program, program choose spdif like default output, but if i choose ASIO output in player, headphonse start play musiv,but others apps try to play sound from spdif. What to do with this?

Upd. When i turn on pc with poweroff speakers, Windows found hadphones, but now when i turn on speakers, system didn't find them and trying choose them in sonar program turn spdif as default output

Upd 2. If I choose device that windows don't find(headphones or speakers) and reboot Windows, then it appear in windows, but loose that work previous. Does this card can't switch beetwen headphones and speakers in realtime mode, like built-in audiocard?
30 REPLIES 30

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi paradise90,

Do you plug the headphone to the Strix Soar and plug the speaker to the rear port of your motherboard meanwhile and want to switch them via settings?
Please plug the headphone to the front port of your motherboard and plug the speaker to the Strix Soar and check again.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi paradise90,

Do you plug the headphone to the Strix Soar and plug the speaker to the rear port of your motherboard meanwhile and want to switch them via settings?
Please plug the headphone to the front port of your motherboard and plug the speaker to the Strix Soar and check again.
Thank you.

No, I plug headphone and speakers in Strix Soar at the same time.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi paradise90,

Do you plug the headphone to control box and plug the speaker to the Strix Soar?
May I have photos about where you plugged the headphone and the speaker and a video about your issues?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi paradise90,

Do you plug the headphone to control box and plug the speaker to the Strix Soar?
May I have photos about where you plugged the headphone and the speaker and a video about your issues?
Thank you.

Basic Strix Soar doesn't have control box. Headphone and Speakers I plug to the Strix Soar directly

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_16qMzoqNohD495ztnGqu0REUyanNPST/view?usp=sharing

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi paradise90,

May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your Strix Soar via PM
- the brand and the model name of your headphone, speakers, CPU, motherboard, RAM and PSU
- the version of the driver and sonic studio
- OS version and OS build
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi paradise90,

May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your Strix Soar via PM
- the brand and the model name of your headphone, speakers, CPU, motherboard, RAM and PSU
- the version of the driver and sonic studio
- OS version and OS build
Thank you.

Brand and Model: tested headphones(KOSS UR-20/KOSS UR-40/Audio-Technica ATH-M40x), Speakers(F&D F3000U/Gemix MF-1000), CPU(Ryzen 7 3700X), Motherboard(ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming), RAM(Trident Z F4-3200C16D-32GTZ), PSU(be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W (BN306))
Driver and Sonic Studio Version: 1.1.22
OS Version Build: Windows 11 Pro, Build 22000/Windwos 10 Home, Build 19043 (install on separate SSDs)

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi paradise90,

The serial number is privacy data, so it is better to reply via PM.
Do you use Sonic Studio in Windows 11 Pro or Windows 10 Home? or you have tried both of them but it is the same result?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi paradise90,

The serial number is privacy data, so it is better to reply via PM.
Do you use Sonic Studio in Windows 11 Pro or Windows 10 Home? or you have tried both of them but it is the same result?
Thank you.

I tried today Windows 10 too. Problem only on Windows 11 Pro.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi paradise90,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm not sure the software is compatible with win11 OS or not, because win11 is insider version.
I'll consult our tech team about this.
Thank you.