Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Exclamation Rog strix z490-i gaming new bios

Has anyone tried the new bios of ROG STRIX Z490-I GAMING?
    I did and upgrade to this new one and my pc kept restarting without stopping
    until i did Bios flash back
    Any help

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by francisackon View Post
    Any help
    i didnt have any problems when i updated the bios.. now it has full windows 11 suport

ROG Member Array

I had the exact same issue. Had to flash back to the previous version of BIOS. Now waiting for ASUS to release a new BIOS to fix this.

I also encountered this boot loop problem (not even posting) when I tried to enable ReSize BAR support with 0901. At the time I didn't know of the flashback function so had to disconnect my GPU to use my integrated GPU to get the motherboard to boot properly (and entering BIOS again to disable ReSize BAR). This time I initially thought it was the ReSize BAR function causing the issue but disconnecting the GPU didn't work.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array kvarq PC Specs
    kvarq PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Apex XII
    Processor10900K
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C16D-32GTRSA
    Graphics Card #13090 K|NGP|N
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Ultimate 3.0
    CaseMeshify S2
    Power SupplySeasonic Titanium TX850
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman
    Mouse Razer Viper 8K
    Mouse Pad RAZER Firefly V2
    OS 21H1

Z490 bioses are FUBAR since the RocketCrap Odyssey, the only solution is to use an older stable bios (if these are still available, as some versions have been removed in the meantime)
    Z590 is a mess, now Z490 is the same
    the so-called W11 support is on the way, what could go wrong? =))

now seriously, if it is too hard for the Asus technicians to make 10th and 11the running properly in one go, maybe they should release separate versions for each generation, at least to leave clean Z490 for 10th
    there is no supervising and quality control of the dev team outcome, if I would be management, I would fire everyone there

ROG Enthusiast Array

logged in after a long time to report the same thing: Z490-I, flashed to 2301 (using EZflash and later with bios flashback) and it repeatedly turned on and off with no display. I did a bios flashback to 2201 and it is working again. Stressful.

EDIT: In this link, it still says "under testing" next to the Z490-I https://www.asus.com/microsite/mothe...s-win11-ready/

If all we want is the Win11 support, perhaps we can simply use the manual method mentioned in the link.
    Last edited by Mountainlifter; 10-04-2021 at 04:19 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post
    logged in after a long time to report the same thing: Z490-I, flashed to 2301 (using EZflash and later with bios flashback) and it repeatedly turned on and off with no display. I did a bios flashback to 2201 and it is working again. Stressful.

EDIT: In this link, it still says "under testing" next to the Z490-I https://www.asus.com/microsite/mothe...s-win11-ready/

If all we want is the Win11 support, perhaps we can simply use the manual method mentioned in the link.
    The manual method with 2201 doesn't seem to work. I turned it on but after reboot it defaulted back to off again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hankcnyc View Post
    The manual method with 2201 doesn't seem to work. I turned it on but after reboot it defaulted back to off again.
    looks like the Z490-I is the runt of the litter that Asus doesn't really give much attention to.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Legolas PC Specs
    Legolas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero Wifi AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8600k oc 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045

Quote Originally Posted by francisackon View Post
    Any help
    Hello francisackon,
    It seems if anyone wants to update to latest bios from 2003, you have to ask the Asus repair center to flash it for you.
    Sincerely,
    Legolas

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Every time I reboot my computer, it completely shuts down during bootup while using BIOS 2301. I have a secondary ITX desktop that I built using MSI parts. No problems thus far.

ROG Member Array

Does anyone know if ASUS monitors user feedback here? I reached out to customer service on this issue and ridiculously they claimed that this is a hardware issue without much investigation, and asked me to do an RMA. It's not even a cross-shipping one which means I'll be out of a motherboard for god knows how long. Super frustrating.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast