Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045

lPlease try to make sure the memory is pouplated populated from the manual's diagram.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Recommend Memory configuration.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	90095

I suggest updating latest video card drivers from Nvidia.
    I also suggest performing disk error check and perform system file checker ( DOS (admin) - Sfc /scannow).
    Back up all data and please update bios to 3403
    Sincerely,
    Legolas

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    lPlease try to make sure the memory is pouplated populated from the manual's diagram.

Name:	Recommend Memory configuration.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	90095

I suggest updating latest video card drivers from Nvidia.
    I also suggest performing disk error check and perform system file checker ( DOS (admin) - Sfc /scannow).
    Back up all data and please update bios to 3403
    99 times out of 100, I would agree to follow the manual etc BUT not when it comes to Rampage VI Extreme (not encore).
    Many R6E board owners (but not all!) have a h/w issues with right side memory banks! I am one of the unlucky once. and there are more unlucky once who posted on this board, see separate treads... like this tread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...me-ram-problem. etc... there are few more just search...

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

I ran that board for a couple of years until I borked the CPU pins with 8 sticks of Corsair Dominator platinum. 8X8GB 3800 CL19 kit @ 3800 CL16
    NEVER mix ram kits even the same SKU. I'm not clear on exactly how many sticks you have, what the model number is or if they are all one kit or mixed kits.
    Cant say for sure exactly where the problem is but I can say with a 99% certainty its ram related just from what you are describing.

Im not saying that some don't get lucky with mixed kits but its always a gamble and I see far more posts from fails than from success both here and several other other open Fora I frequent. Ive seen this same story many times.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Hello,

bit late to the party here, however hard freezing on x299 is quite often related to VCCIN. You can either increase LLC or try increasing VCCIN.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for some replies.. i tried several thinks .. it seems to match with no crashes if i only populate 4 ram sticks instead of 8 ... then again its hard to test .. sometimes i can run it a week ... without any crashes .. other times i cant even run the system 5 minutes ... I have no belive that my new Ram is defect and they as i said already all from the same batch now ... and they passed several times the most extensive ram test .. then again in my system i can start windows memory test and the system locks just up ... the system can also lock up on idle .. So VCCIN / LCC voltages seem sort of not the cause from what i see ? unless there is a bios bug ? i mean the system crashes on idle but can run fine at 100% load .. and just crashes randomly depending on how it feels. Its also not my windows instalation because the Linux based OS on a USB and other externam USB based memory test had hard freezes too .. also confirming that this is not the ram .. because if the ram had faults its show up as a fault instead of freezing the whole system.

Anyway gonna send it back to RMA now.. Luckly we have 2 year forced warranty and something similar against faults / thinks breaking that last up to 5 years that can help me getting new motherboard .. The sad thing though is ...... i cant even buy any x299 motherboards wright now .. because they are all sold out ... urrggggg

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoBlackThunder View Post
    the system can also lock up on idle .. So VCCIN / LCC voltages seem sort of not the cause from what i see ?

Hello,

instability at idle or light load is quite indicative of insufficient VCCIN on this platform

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

instability at idle or light load is quite indicative of insufficient VCCIN on this platform
    Really ? where and what should the setting be then on 10920x ? right now my Motherboard and CPU is at my dealer for them to look at it ... but i have no trust in them ... because several years ago the computer was on fire .. literly on fire and thy said it was ok because they could get into windows ....

but anyway .. what should the settings have been and where ? Also would this issue come only after you upgraded from 4 to 8 ramsticks ? because i never had an issue before that

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    Motherboardz490 XII Apex 2nd x299 VI Apex 3rd x99 sabertooth
    Processori9-10900k w/Foundation & i9-9940x w/SigV2 & 5930k w/ek-Magnitude
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3600c16 2x8 2nd Trident-Z 3600C16 4x8 3rd 3200c14 4x8
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp & 1080ti FTW3 both water cooled & evga 980ti gaming on air
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Cooler2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads & 2 Test Benchs
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & 1200P2 & 850p2
    Keyboard 3x Logitech G710+
    Mouse 3x Red dragon Perdition
    OS Linux-Cinnimon 20.2 & Win-7-10-11 pro
    Accessory #1 Optimus Foundation copper plexi 2nd Optimus SigV2
    Accessory #2 Mayhems clear all
    Accessory #3 ModMyMods 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing/ MORA 360 Pro x2

Quote Originally Posted by NoBlackThunder View Post
    i at first upgrade just 32 gb with a mix of sticks from 2017 and 2021 .... though i thought there might have been some issues with those 2017 sticks .. so i bought another 32 gb of 100% matching memory .. and the exact same .. There is no issues with those rams because i did extensive memory testing with several programs over several days without issues .. and memory can be ruled out .. so in my mind its ether the motherbord og the CPU ( that is pretty new too and contains the memory manangment controller) or the bios .. but the bios was both upgraded and for to be sure reset once i installed all 2021 64 gb ram sticks ..

The idea buying another set of 2021 ram was because that the 2017 sticks might have been different chips with different timings etc ..
    Hi,
    You have a very expensive board but you're shooting yourself in the foot with multiple memory sticks/ kits

Worst thing you can do is use dual channel kits 2x8 or 2x16 ... of memory from multiple kits on a quad channel board and I'd bet none of these kits have a x299 mother board listed on their QVL list

Frankly x299 should work fine with vccin/ input voltage at 1.8 and load line calibration at llc-1

RMA well good luck with that seeing you've giving so little information about exactly which memory sticks you have and or trying to use on this board plus which exact power supply/ .......... rma requires a lot more info lol

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
    Hi,
    You have a very expensive board but you're shooting yourself in the foot with multiple memory sticks/ kits

Worst thing you can do is use dual channel kits 2x8 or 2x16 ... of memory from multiple kits on a quad channel board and I'd bet none of these kits have a x299 mother board listed on their QVL list

Frankly x299 should work fine with vccin/ input voltage at 1.8 and load line calibration at llc-1

RMA well good luck with that seeing you've giving so little information about exactly which memory sticks you have and or trying to use on this board plus which exact power supply/ .......... rma requires a lot more info lol

memory i am using is 8 stick 2021 jan TridenZ RGB here is a link to my ram i bought .. cant tell you more then this .. but i can say 100% that 4 of them worked fine ... all 8 stks are now from the same series and increamental serial numbers .. so they are the same ... how i can shoot my self in the foot with that i dont know.

But i would expect that the CPU and motherboard should work in general fine with both 4 and 8 sticks of the same series ... i always run quad channel ... so there should be no problem

https://www.dustinhome.no/product/50...m-dimm-288-pin

ROG Enthusiast Array Cherry[PL] PC Specs
    Cherry[PL] PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE VI EXTREME ENCORE
    Processori9 10980XE
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C18Q2-64GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe Fatality Pro
    MonitorROG PG279QM
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
    CPU CoolerArctic L.F II 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 850 G3
    Keyboard Corsair K100 Optical-mechanical
    Mouse Zowie S1
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 80Ohm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500
    OS W10 x64

This is dual channel kit and it's not even classified to use on x299 motherboards referring to G.Skill QVL.

Name:	Bez*tytułu.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	522.0 KB 
ID:	90113

And here is the correct one - https://www.gskill.com/product/165/1...4GTZR-Overview
    Last edited by Cherry[PL]; 10-02-2021 at 02:23 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast