Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry[PL] View Post
    This is dual channel kit and it's not even classified to use on x299 motherboards referring to G.Skill QVL.

Attachment 90113

And here is the correct one - https://www.gskill.com/product/165/1...4GTZR-Overview
    In my 20 years building my own pc's .. i never ever had issues with this ... the ram you linked is basically the same that i have just sold in a 8 pack instead of a 2 pack .

this should not make any difference at all . also this ram tested 100% fine in my and other peoples system mix matching .. as i said ram is already ruled out.

And yes that ram worked fine in another trippe channnel setup mix and matching

New ROGer Array

This is dual channel kit and it's not even classified to use on x299 motherboards referring to G.Skill QVL.

Attachment 90113

And here is the correct one - https://www.gskill.com/product/165/1...4GTZR-Overview
    Also ! i checked supported memory .. and the exact same sticks are on the supported list ( d not q) 100% same product number ...

So claiming the ram is the wrong one is not true ... Please dont make claims thate are expensive and missleading . Because it sounded very like you where 100% sure that was the cause. Thanks ! =)

ref: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...e_20200430.pdf
    Last edited by NoBlackThunder; 10-02-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoBlackThunder View Post
    Also ! i checked supported memory .. and the exact same sticks are on the supported list ( d not q) 100% same product number ...

So claiming the ram is the wrong one is not true ... Please dont make claims thate are expensive and missleading . Because it sounded very like you where 100% sure that was the cause. Thanks ! =)

Are you combining multiple memory kits? If so, what the the other replies in the thread are telling you is correct.

ROG Enthusiast Array Cherry[PL] PC Specs
    Cherry[PL] PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE VI EXTREME ENCORE
    Processori9 10980XE
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C18Q2-64GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe Fatality Pro
    MonitorROG PG279QM
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
    CPU CoolerArctic L.F II 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 850 G3
    Keyboard Corsair K100 Optical-mechanical
    Mouse Zowie S1
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 80Ohm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500
    OS W10 x64

I'm not 100% sure. I suggest you what could possibly causing the problem.

And by the way, Here is RAMPAGE VI EXTREME QVL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bez*tytułu.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	90119

ROG Member Array Havoxxx PC Specs
    Havoxxx PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor9920x @ 4.7ghz no offset
    Memory (part number)Gskill F4-4000C17Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus 1080ti @2000mhz waterblock
    Sound Cardonboard
    MonitorAsus 27" 1440p
    Storage #1Intel 900p pci-e
    Storage #26x Intel SSD RAID 0
    CPU CoolerCustom water Dual loop
    CaseDanger Den Double Wide
    Power SupplyEnermax Platimax 1500
    Keyboard Corsair k95 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Sennheiser G4ME ZERO
    OS Windows 10 Pro

For what its worth and I do not claim this will work but; I have been running a manual voltage setting of 1.36v on my Dram AB and CD sides in the BIOS. I have had what I percieve as less issues with random crashes or freezes.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Are you combining multiple memory kits? If so, what the the other replies in the thread are telling you is correct.
    I have 4x2 8gb Kits of the same manufacturing date time and sequential increasing Serial number. Also on Rampage side with updated memory support that i linked to it clearly states that my ram is supported.

There should be 0 issues . I 100% agree taht if i woul have mixed difference kits with different manufacturing dates that there is a high chance it might create issues. Though in my case its the 100% the same ram just sold in 2 packs instead of 8 packs .. because no one in my country even sells 8 or 4 packs. Also i have been running fine for over 3 years with this setup just fine and the memory where i had several 2 stick kits.

As long as the sticks are 100% the same there should be 0 issues.

Also normally if the memory is not compatible you cant ether start the system or memory test might fail. There is no indication of that.

And again ... i found updated memory stick support that i linked to for the latest bios that 100% clearly states that my dual kit is 100% supported. The other guy finding a list from 2017 for outdated bios is totaly unrelevant.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Havoxxx View Post
    For what its worth and I do not claim this will work but; I have been running a manual voltage setting of 1.36v on my Dram AB and CD sides in the BIOS. I have had what I percieve as less issues with random crashes or freezes.
    i am definitly not overvolting my memory :P and again i cant do anything right now because my CPU and motherboard is in RMA right now anyway. Though manual VCC thing might be an option to try out maybe if they cant resolve the issue / exchange it for working parts... Just getting somewhat anoyed people trying to claim ram wil not work unless you buy an 8 pack. Something that i find out to be an expensive nonsen claim.

While its true that mixing different types / mades / models of ram will not work... as long as you get the exact same ram with the same chips on it there is no differene and should work 100% fine

ROG Enthusiast Array Cherry[PL] PC Specs
    Cherry[PL] PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE VI EXTREME ENCORE
    Processori9 10980XE
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C18Q2-64GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe Fatality Pro
    MonitorROG PG279QM
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
    CPU CoolerArctic L.F II 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 850 G3
    Keyboard Corsair K100 Optical-mechanical
    Mouse Zowie S1
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 80Ohm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500
    OS W10 x64

...And again ... i found updated memory stick support that i linked to for the latest bios that 100% clearly states that my dual kit is 100% supported. The other guy finding a list from 2017 for outdated bios is totaly unrelevant.

Views:	2 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	90143

So do You see anything about RAMPAGE VI EXTREME here? Because i don't.

New ROGer Array

Views:	2 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	90143

So do You see anything about RAMPAGE VI EXTREME here? Because i don't.

So you tell me that i cant mix the same type of ram with the same chips in it ? But linus can mix different ram types and speed without issues ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTS0ybQ3lCI

this is a right out nonsense claim .. also it mentions x299 platform in general and others types ... its the same platform and they are compadible ... as i said i run the exact same sticks for 3 years without issues ... That you cant mix same type and make is right out nonsense.

And my parts are 100% matching .. yea ... just because i bought a double pack instead of 8 pack does not mean it should not work .. that is the biggest nonsense i have ever heard .. Chips on them are the same .. so claiming they are the poblem is just made up ... especially since you cant even buy any 8 packs here
    Last edited by NoBlackThunder; 10-05-2021 at 09:25 AM.

New ROGer Array

also . to answer the question where i found the list of supportet ram .. its the dam first link of the rampage VI extreme under memory support .. so ram is supported .. so please stop comming with made up nonsense

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-06 011700.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	90152

My memory is on the support list ... if you going to claim more nonsense please do it somewhere else

And just to make sure you dont come with " BUT " ...

you might not know this ... but in intel ... the memory controller is on the CPU .. That means the CPU is the factor that mostly decides what works in most cases. And that memory works for any other x299 platform as i linked ... because its just a dual kit instead of a quat kit...

and you have to still buy 2 quat kits to populate all 8 dims slots .. that means claiming you have to buy a single kit is nonsense in anyway that most professionals can tell you .. because using multiole kits of same model and same manufacturing date is more the common .. its the standard in the world actually
    Last edited by NoBlackThunder; 10-05-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast