cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z390-E Gaming + AI Suite 3 Compatibility Issues

jmad327
Level 7
I've had my ROG G15CX-B10 (BestBuy model) since December 2020. I noticed right away that AI Suite 3 was advertised as compatible with the desktop PC, so I was intrigued from the get-go. I've tried a few times over the past few months to install it, but I come to a dead end every time. I figure this time I should ask for help. I've downloaded the AI Suite 3 from the Asus downloads page, unzipped, executed the setup executable files, and received a notification titled "Error", that states "The model does not support this application". I've tried running it in compatibility mode for WinXP, Run As Administrator, and a few other tricks that I've come across on the web, and it doesn't help. I tried to reinstall Asus Armoury Crate, hoping this may fix my issue, allowing me to install the Ai Suite 3, but every time I try to install it, I get halfway through the installation and it stops progressing, then it tells me to reconnect to the internet and try again (when I have been connected to the internet). I've tried downloading the CAP file, using the Bios Renamer tool, and executed the file through the EZ Flash Utility via BIOS, and it tells me that the CAP file is not a BIOS file.

My main purpose for the Ai Suite 3 is to see if it will fix my RAM issue. I am unable to boot my system with my RAM settings set to XMP2, or 3200mhz custom profile. My RAM is Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200mhz (2x16gb). I have googled my RAM issues countless times over the past 9 months, and have found that other people with the same PC (G15CX-B10) have also had issues booting their PC in over 2667mhz custom profile for RAM. I was able to find a strange method that allowed me to boot at 3000mhz without running across a BSOD (which is what the others encounter at 3000mhz, and what I encounter at 3200mhz). I suspect the reasons for the BSOD appearances has something to do with timings. Unfortunately, I'm unable to edit, or even view, what timings my RAM is set through via BIOS, which is currently ASUS G15CX 303 BIOS.

I'm hoping I can find some help on installing Ai Suite 3, because this should allow me to tweak the timings. However, I will be able to receive assistance on any of these matters. Thanks for your time.
2 REPLIES 2

jmad327
Level 7
So, I just found out, after some digging, that my mobo is not the ASUS Z390-E Gaming, as I was told it was. It's an ASUS Z390 ITX, which led me to a download page on the ASUS website that lists the only available BIOS as G15CX.303. Is there anyway to get around this an install Ai Suite 3, as I had been hoping to do? Or is there anyway to manually set CAS latency and other timings? Thanks

jmad327 wrote:
my mobo is not the ASUS Z390-E Gaming, as I was told it was. It's an ASUS Z390 ITX

add a link to your motherboard.
i have never seen the 'ASUS Z390-ITX' anywhere.
the 'ROG Strix Z390-I GAMING' is the only ASUS Z390 ITX board i've ever run across.

and there are plenty of up-to-date drivers & utilities for that board including new 08/2021 BIOS.
jmad327 wrote:
I've tried running it in compatibility mode for WinXP

if you're still using XP you will have to upgrade to continue to use the latest/most optimized software.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64