ROG Member Array

Set up network drive

Set up network drive
    I’m trying to do something that should be rather simple but it’s the first time I’m trying it and nothing is working. I have two Desktop computers on my network , And all I wanna do is set up a simple network drive connected to my Mesh XT8 system. I’ve tried everything in the settings in different configurations and nothing I do will allow me to see that network drive on the second computer. Can someone please explain this to me in simple terms. Thanks for any help it’s very appreciated.

PS, I would rather not connect over the Internet but simply over my network that’s how I would like it set up. Sounds simple it’s turning out to not be. :-) Thank you*

Also, discovery is turned on both computers.*

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar

What network drive you are referring, need more detail here for others here to understand more.

ROG Member Array

Ok sure, and thanks.

I'm trying to connect a 10TB WD drive via USB to the back of my ASUS Zenwifi AX xt8 router. And with this, I'm want to configure this as a network storage drive for 2 desktops on my network.

I think I set the drive up and it's recognized by the router UI, but when I put in the default ftp address windows explorer, it says FTP Folder error, Windows cannot access this folder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-23 192634.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	92280
    Last edited by scotsue; 02-24-2022 at 02:14 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar

I do not think the router allowed to use the USB drive to become a network drive.