cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my pc shuts down and and turn on randomly

tomerturbo
Level 7
hello everyone i have motherbord asus maximus xii hero z490 cpu i9 10900k memory 2x16gb g-skill trident z 3600 cl17 my gpu is asus strix rtx 3080 ti oc
and my power supply is antec 1300w.
today i turn on my pc and after 10 minutes is shut down and turn on automatic after few second is shut down again i push the clear cmos button and it shut down again i try to power the computer and only the rgb led on the motherbord and the memory turn on.
i try to swap the power supply to new one and it didn't help.
i changed again to my old power supply and now everting working good i run 3dmark benchmark and is working great
what can be the problem?
7 REPLIES 7

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi tomerturbo,

May I have the bios version?
Have you changed to the new power supply you used but it was still auto shut down, auto reboot or no boot?
Are the three power supply all antec 1300w?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi tomerturbo,

May I have the bios version?
Have you changed to the new power supply you used but it was still auto shut down, auto reboot or no boot?
Are the three power supply all antec 1300w?
Thank you.

biso version 2301

when i changed to new power supply the computer shut down and reboot every few seconds and no boot to windows

not three power supply only two and all of them antec 1300w

thank you for your help

kvarq
Level 11
1. the OCP for the power supply might be too aggressive for some reason - you probably have kernel 41 in event viewer and so on
2. might try an older bios version - these kind of restarts or infinite loops had them with Z590, 10th and 2x16 DDR4 and have them on Z490 as well with new bios versions, and reverting to an older bios everything is rock stable again

try use and older bios and see if it's doing the same

put bios 1003 on a FAT formatted bios pen drive, make sure it is named M12H.CAP
plug it in the USB nearby the HDMI port
turn off your computer, but make sure it is powered
press the bios button few seconds until a blue light is flashing, wait few minutes until bios is updated, start you computer, let it finish the bios update and config your stuff again

kvarq wrote:
1. the OCP for the power supply might be too aggressive for some reason - you probably have kernel 41 in event viewer and so on
2. might try an older bios version - these kind of restarts or infinite loops had them with Z590, 10th and 2x16 DDR4 and have them on Z490 as well with new bios versions, and reverting to an older bios everything is rock stable again

try use and older bios and see if it's doing the same

put bios 1003 on a FAT formatted bios pen drive, make sure it is named M12H.CAP
plug it in the USB nearby the HDMI port
turn off your computer, but make sure it is powered
press the bios button few seconds until a blue light is flashing, wait few minutes until bios is updated, start you computer, let it finish the bios update and config your stuff again

thank you for your help i dont know what is ocp of the power supply. yes i have kernel 41 in the event viewer
the computer now is working fine without issue
if the problem back i will try older bios

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi tomerturbo,

It might because of EC protection, so when you changed to new power supply, the EC reset procedure was not finished.
Did it occur often?
Is the pc working fine now?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi tomerturbo,

It might because of EC protection, so when you changed to new power supply, the EC reset procedure was not finished.
Did it occur often?
Is the pc working fine now?
Thank you.

hi what is ec protection?

after it shut down and power on a few times its ok now

the pc is working fine now

thank you for your help

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi tomerturbo,

It would be take some time to finish EC reset process.
That might be a reason why you changed the new power supply but not worked.
Thank you.