cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 Issue With Gaming Band

kevilay
Level 7
Hey guys,

I am fairly techy. I am an automation programmer for a living and do some python programming but I am not super familiar with networking and routers. The main reason I purchased this router was for my oculus quest 2. I have pretty much everything setup default for the router. When connecting to my 5g gaming band I have full signal but I have almost 0 internet access. Sometimes I can load a webpage and do a speedtest and ill have <1mb. On the regular 5g band and the 2.4 ghz band they work fine. I'm not sure exactly why this is. Does anyone have some suggestions? I live out in the county and my neighbors are quite far so I don't anticipate having any interference.

THanks,
Kevin
4 REPLIES 4

wilsondenq
Level 10

Thank you for the reply. I will give this a try tonight and get back to you.

wilsondenq wrote:
try this: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042475/

With this enabled my 5g gaming band is now usable. Thank you. I will have to play some more with my quest and try that beta firmware out.

Thanks,!

Indigian
Level 10
kevilay wrote:
Hey guys,

I am fairly techy. I am an automation programmer for a living and do some python programming but I am not super familiar with networking and routers. The main reason I purchased this router was for my oculus quest 2. I have pretty much everything setup default for the router. When connecting to my 5g gaming band I have full signal but I have almost 0 internet access. Sometimes I can load a webpage and do a speedtest and ill have <1mb. On the regular 5g band and the 2.4 ghz band they work fine. I'm not sure exactly why this is. Does anyone have some suggestions? I live out in the county and my neighbors are quite far so I don't anticipate having any interference.

THanks,
Kevin

Got the same and my Quest 2 connects at 1200mbps,or whatever it says.
Personally found default firmware very buggy so am using a beta,works much much better for me.
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/4187B178A2164574BE178A44D97422DBY