New ROGer Array

Mobo woes - heatsinks

So I have a second hand Asus Rampage V 10th Edition. The previous owner had a custom look which I didn't want so I've removed the waterblock. This leaves me with two areas on the board that are exposed without their original components.

So I think its the PCH and VRM that are in need of new covers / fans.

Could anyone point me in the direction of what I need to buy pls?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Batman2021 View Post
    So I have a second hand Asus Rampage V 10th Edition. The previous owner had a custom look which I didn't want so I've removed the waterblock. This leaves me with two areas on the board that are exposed without their original components.

So I think its the PCH and VRM that are in need of new covers / fans.

Could anyone point me in the direction of what I need to buy pls?
    Unfortunately this isnt something that is commercially available. Any aftermarket heat sinks would be hit or miss. Your best bet is to see if someone on fleabay is selling an inoperative board you can salvage the parts from or consider putting the watercooling back and investing in some watercooling components. Always a good question to ask before comitting to buying something used, does it come with the original components. Example I just sold off my Strix 1080Tis. Both of them had waterblocks but one buyer wanted the original heatsink back on it and wasnt interested in watercooling so i put it back on and tested prior to shipping. Well for stuff like that I always keep the original boxes and sitting in those original boxes were the original heat sinks and everything else that came with it when bought new. Both shipped with the original heatsinks but one wanted to leave the waterblock on and the other did not.

There is one listing on fleabay thatys at $200 now.
    May be able to find the first edition that I dont think much changed but the looks.
    Last edited by BigJohnny; 10-01-2021 at 02:14 AM.

New ROGer Array

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    Unfortunately this isnt something that is commercially available. Any aftermarket heat sinks would be hit or miss. Your best bet is to see if someone on fleabay is selling an inoperative board you can salvage the parts from or consider putting the watercooling back and investing in some watercooling components. Always a good question to ask before comitting to buying something used, does it come with the original components. Example I just sold off my Strix 1080Tis. Both of them had waterblocks but one buyer wanted the original heatsink back on it and wasnt interested in watercooling so i put it back on and tested prior to shipping. Well for stuff like that I always keep the original boxes and sitting in those original boxes were the original heat sinks and everything else that came with it when bought new. Both shipped with the original heatsinks but one wanted to leave the waterblock on and the other did not.

There is one listing on fleabay thatys at $200 now.
    May be able to find the first edition that I dont think much changed but the looks.
    Thanks for replying. Do you think those components can be found on Strix boards? Or does it have to be the exact same model of motherboard?

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Hello,
    It's not worth risking fitting sinks found on alternative products. They'll either be inadequate or won't fit. As above, your best bet is to look for a spare or repairs or damaged style auction listing. These parts are unfortunately not readily available otherwise.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    Motherboardz490 XII Apex 2nd x299 VI Apex 3rd x99 sabertooth
    Processori9-10900k w/Foundation & i9-9940x w/SigV2 & 5930k w/ek-Magnitude
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3600c16 2x8 2nd Trident-Z 3600C16 4x8 3rd 3200c14 4x8
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp & 1080ti FTW3 both water cooled & evga 980ti gaming on air
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Cooler2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads & 2 Test Benchs
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & 1200P2 & 850p2
    Keyboard 3x Logitech G710+
    Mouse 3x Red dragon Perdition
    OS Linux-Cinnimon 20.2 & Win-7-10-11 pro
    Accessory #1 Optimus Foundation copper plexi 2nd Optimus SigV2
    Accessory #2 Mayhems clear all
    Accessory #3 ModMyMods 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing/ MORA 360 Pro x2

Hi,
    Might post an image of board as is or with water blocks on it
    Sounds like a mono block

You might can find another board dead and parts only on ebay.
    200.us
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/19439890591...75.c101224.m-1

New ROGer Array

Thanks

Thanks for your helps guys!