cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 Recommendation For Wifi Extender

kevilay
Level 7
Hello Guys,

I have a gt-ax11000 router. I am currently running ethernet lines in my house to hardwire some important connections. I have run one out to my garage (out of wifi range by a fair bit). In my garage I want to create a wifi network so inside my garage I will have wifi. I have a couple old routers laying around. Not sure if I can convert one of them into an extender? How would I know? On another angle. Do you guys have a recommendation as to what I should connect up to the other end of the ethernet cable in my garage to broadcast the signal.

Thanks,
Kevin
2 REPLIES 2

david_mckee1
Level 7
kevilay wrote:
Hello Guys,

I have a gt-ax11000 router. I am currently running ethernet lines in my house to hardwire some important connections. I have run one out to my garage (out of wifi range by a fair bit). In my garage I want to create a wifi network so inside my garage I will have wifi. I have a couple old routers laying around. Not sure if I can convert one of them into an extender? How would I know? On another angle. Do you guys have a recommendation as to what I should connect up to the other end of the ethernet cable in my garage to broadcast the signal.

Thanks,
Kevin

The best option would be to pick up a second Asus router that can be run as an AiMesh node. Or go all in and pick up a set of ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600. When stable, nothing comes close to the setup.

Indigian
Level 10
kevilay wrote:
Hello Guys,

Thanks,
Kevin

Any router is fine as long as it can accept the ethernet cable as WAN,some isp 'routers' are modem routers
and that the router has wifi of course.
you should be able to configure it so the AX11000 takes care of all DHCP IP's in the garage or let the garage router have its separate own network.
The garage router is the 'extension' so thats all you need,no need for meshing.