cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most recent Fan xpert for Win 7

Rollerx
Level 7
I have a TUF Gaming B450M Pro S motherboard and Win 7. When downloading and installing the AI Suite 3 package, the computer gets Fan xpert 2. I wonder if this is really the latest version to support Win 7, or if I could also use Fan xpert 3 or even 4? If so, how can I get them? When I go to the support site, select my mobo and OS, I only get version 2. It seems to have some issues with not being able to manually control my fans and the curves are not ok.

And yes, I know that 7 is obsolete. This is a "vintage" computer.
7 REPLIES 7

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Rollerx,

I'm afraid it is Fan Xpert 2+ supported on TUF Gaming B450M Pro S.
For fan control, may I have the bios version, the AI Suite 3 version(dual intelligent processors5), screenshots of your fan control settings and more details about the issues?
Have you reinstalled the AI Suite 3 but still have the same issues?
Thank you.

Rollerx
Level 7
Thank you very much for helping. Here are the data you requested:

Bios version: 2.17.1246 (That is out of the box, I haven't updated it)
AI Suite 3 version: EZ Update 3.00.13, Performance and Power Saving Utilities 2.00.44, System Information 2.00.06 (I don't understand what you mean by "dual intelligent processor5"!)

Screenshots are attached concerning the "Standard" setting which I normally use. First general overview, then three fans: CPU, Chassis 1 & 2.

I reinstalled the AI Suite 3. It is a bit difficult to say what happened since after double clicking on the AsusSetup I only get a window saying that the driver/software (not sure about the terms here) are being installed. Then that window disappears without any notification that the install was successful. Anyway, AI Suite seems to run fine, no error messages.

I've done the Fan Tuning a few times, with somewhat different results. The current one is most functional but still with one annoying issue.

The issue: My chassis fan 1 runs always at least at 40%/1000rpm, although according to the tuning results it could go down to about 20%/500rpm. See table in chassis fun 1 screenshot. Strangely, the same screenshot indicates that the Fan run when the power is higher than "251 rpm (39%)". There seems to be something wrong with the numbers here since they don't match. The fan is Arctic F9 3-pin.

At that speed my computer makes some noise and I would like to get the fan lower when idle or when doing something minor. My CPU temp is only about 30-35 then so there would be some room to slow down the fan. The "Silent mode" doesn't really work since then Fan Xpert stops the two chassis fans completely and they stay like that until I do something more substantial. I don't like the idea of letting the fans go on and off all the time.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Rollerx,

I'm sorry dual intelligent processor5 is the function in Fan Xpert 4.
The 3-pin fan is no pwm, so the Fan Xpert may not control the fans precisely.
Do you select silent mode in q-fan control in bios or do you mean silent mode in Performance and Power Saving Utilities?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Rollerx,

I'm sorry dual intelligent processor5 is the function in Fan Xpert 4.
The 3-pin fan is no pwm, so the Fan Xpert may not control the fans precisely.
Do you select silent mode in q-fan control in bios or do you mean silent mode in Performance and Power Saving Utilities?
Thank you.

I mean the silent mode that activates with the button in picture 1. There are 4 selections and these graphs are from the Standard setting.

I would understand if a 3-pin fan cannot be controlled as accurately as pwm, but here there seems to be quite a difference in values plus some discrepancy in the data displayed in the table and graph. The table indicates lower possible rpm than the graph (shaded area).

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Rollerx,

Do you adjust fan control in bios?
The fan tuning might also related to the fan itself.
Please also update to bios 3211 and do fan tuning again.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Rollerx,

Do you adjust fan control in bios?
The fan tuning might also related to the fan itself.
Please also update to bios 3211 and do fan tuning again.
Thank you.

No, I haven't done that on the bios level since I have thought that Fan xpert anyhow overrides bios settings.
I can try to update the bios.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Rollerx,

Thank you for your help.