cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with 24\7 overclocking 10900k

tomerturbo
Level 7
hello everyone i have motherbord asus maximus xii hero cpu 10900k coling nh-d15 ram g-skil 2x16gb cl16 3600mhz gpu asus rtx 3080 ti oc

my settings is CPU RUN IN 5.1 GHZ manual voltage 1.29 llc7 max temp in benchmarking is 85c in gaming is 70-75c

most of my pc use is in games

i want to know if my cpu voltage is high doest it fit for 24\7 use? can it cause to cpu degradation?

does my temps is ok for 24\7 for 24\7 use?

thank you for the help
4 REPLIES 4

rjbarker
Level 11
- 5.1 Ghz All cores?
- What benchmarks are u running that reach 85c?...AVX Non AVX....I would guess non AVX instructions otherwise your temps would likely by in the 90's or more.
-Your vcore is fine for 24/7 imo! I set my personal limit between 1.35v and 1.385v for 24/7....1.3v or less is obviously better.

With a 10900k and planing on OC'ing I would recommend a good 360 AIO cooler.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Im not seeing what you are using to cool with. That makes a HUGE difference. If its air, you wont get far, if its AIO you will get a little more maybe. To squeeze everything it has to offer you need at least a decent custom loop.

LLC of 7 is pushing it a bit high. Thing is it will overshoot before it settles out and that overshoot can be quite serious. I measured it with an Oscope on the terminals on the side of the board and about crapped when I saw the spike then the oscillation before it settled out. I generally try to keep it 4 or less.

Its not the voltage that causes degradation. Its the temps. I run an 18 core machine @ 4.7 to 4.8 and that puts me 75C to 85C with an AVX workload. I can run it up to 5.1 but that puts me into the 90s on the hottest core. Most of the time Im at 4.7GHz all cores with a static Vcore of 1.185, 4.8 takes 1.230. My cooling is a seriously overkill custom loop or Id never make it. I tried using an AIO to run it on the test bench before putting it in the case but that was a scratch. Best I could get was 4.4 all cores and it was hitting TDP and throttling at 4.5Ghz all cores. That H150i now lives in my wifes rig forever and I use a 480 rad with an Xres 140 for the test bench. before I install into the case.

i run prime 95 non avx

my cpu coling is noctua nh-d15 chromax.black

llc7 its not recommended? can it cause damage?

tomerturbo wrote:
i run prime 95 non avx

my cpu coling is noctua nh-d15 chromax.black

llc7 its not recommended? can it cause damage?

As Johnny explained the "over shoot" of voltages increases as you increase LLC....obviously some chips will reuire higher LLC to find stability, but the key is to find a decent stable OC and keeping voltages (including LLC) as low as possible 🙂

If your not sure how LLC calibration works I would suggest Googling it and reading !

My MXI-E n 9900k I settled with LLC 6, but worked very hard to try and stabilize at LLC 5.

As for Cooling the AIO 360 will be ok for mild OC's ....keep an eye on load temps ....but as Johnny also pointed out a Custom Water Cooling Loop is best.....I am also using Custom Loop with 1 *480 / 1*360 / 1*240 Radiators cooling my 9900K and 3080Ti 🙂

As the 10900K is a 10c/20t beast, I would think a Custom Loop would be required to keep temps safe with an all core 5 Ghz or more OC...not sure though.

Cheers