cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing AX11000 / AiMesh issues (Large setup)

david_mckee1
Level 7
I'm about to pull my hair out with constantly having to troubleshoot my network. I can't go a full day without having to reboot the entire network due to loss of WAN access or severe slowdowns. Below is my current setup. I thought Asus stepped up their game after the GT-5300 disasters. I've gone through Asus support and they were basically worthless. Each person giving me contradictory guidance with none helping. I just finished wiping my entire setup 2 weeks ago and resetting everything back up. It didn't help...

In the log I see the same errors:

Error 1: miniupnpd[12603]: try_sendto(sock=8, len=430, dest=XXX.XXX.XX.XXX:XXXXX): sendto: Operation not permitted
Error 2: kernel: B8:31:B5:A4:AE:8A not mesh client, can't delete it

The second one is bizarre with a new log entry every few minutes. The MAC address is associated with an Xbox One S that isn't even connected to the network anymore. I removed it while troubleshooting, only for the errors to continue.

• AT&T Fiber 1G
○ Pace 5268AC
○ Nokia SS2FII (4G LTE CellSpot)
• Routers / AiMesh Nodes
○ GT-AX11000 (Currently running as the primary router)
○ ASUS RT-AX89X AX6000 (Mesh)
4X ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 (Mesh)
○ RT-AX58U (Mesh)
○ RT-AC5300 (Mesh)
• Switches
○ ASUS XG-U2008 Unmanaged 2-Port 10G, 8-Port Gigabit Switch
○ 2X TP-Link 24 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch TL-SG1024S
○ TP-Link 16 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch TL-SG116
○ TP-Link TL-SG108 | 8 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch
○ TP-Link TL-SG105 | 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch

Typical device breakdown:

• 55 Wired
  • 45 Wireless

Our home is a newly built, large, brick house, around 5,650sqft.. All 7 of the AiMesh nodes are on wired backhaul.

Any ideas? Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3

CanadaBri
Level 8
Are you configuring Roaming assistant (Wifi / Professional)

Sometimes my AIMesh goes wonky and I have to reboot (typically) one of the routers. Some clients are ok, but others just won't find the Wifi. I have a suspicion that the client is below the threshold set for Roam Assist from either of my AIMesh routers, so that client just keeps auto disconnecting and trying to reconnect to whichever router it does reach. That is just a guess.

But I also had noticed a while back where setting up VPN Fusion absolutely killled my entire network. Had to factory reset and re-install my last known good router config.

Either of those ideas help?

CanadaBri wrote:
Are you configuring Roaming assistant (Wifi / Professional)

Sometimes my AIMesh goes wonky and I have to reboot (typically) one of the routers. Some clients are ok, but others just won't find the Wifi. I have a suspicion that the client is below the threshold set for Roam Assist from either of my AIMesh routers, so that client just keeps auto disconnecting and trying to reconnect to whichever router it does reach. That is just a guess.

But I also had noticed a while back where setting up VPN Fusion absolutely killled my entire network. Had to factory reset and re-install my last known good router config.

Either of those ideas help?

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately it doesn't apply. I don't use the VPN Fusion.

Indigian
Level 10
david.mckee1 wrote:
I'm about to pull my hair out with constantly having to troubleshoot my network. I can't go a full day without having to reboot the entire network due to loss of WAN access or severe slowdowns. Below is my current setup. I thought Asus stepped up their game after the GT-5300 disasters. I've gone through Asus support and they were basically worthless. Each person giving me contradictory guidance with none helping. I just finished wiping my entire setup 2 weeks ago and resetting everything back up. It didn't help...

Our home is a newly built, large, brick house, around 5,650sqft.. All 7 of the AiMesh nodes are on wired backhaul.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

which FW are you using?