cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a petition for Change.org.

abactuon
Level 7
I demand to unlock the BIOS settings in Asus laptops.
I need the undervolting.
5 REPLIES 5

Maurarg
Level 7
I dont think that Asus even with a change.org petition will do something. TUF´s users are marginalized compared to RoG´s model users. Just Next time avoid any Tuf's model and buy another brand (as I will do).

Maurarg wrote:
RoG´s model users

I've always wondered - why overpay for the same hardware ?

abactuon wrote:
I've always wondered - why overpay for the same hardware ?

Because the overprice comes with more performance and balance, even with the same hardware. ROG models would be nonsens if there are not differences with the chep TUF models.

Maurarg wrote:
Because the overprice comes with more performance and balance, even with the same hardware. ROG models would be nonsens if there are not differences with the chep TUF models.

If the CPU and video card are the same? Only when the video card is not 80W but 120W and the corresponding processor.
On a laptop I do not need it, I have a desktop.
The advantage comes only at the expense of fake settings.
The display is better, but 1920x1080 15.4" is not that important.
Doesn't the plastic get dirty?
I 'm not a teenager.

abactuon wrote:
If the CPU and video card are the same? Only when the video card is not 80W but 120W and the corresponding processor.
On a laptop I do not need it, I have a desktop.
The advantage comes only at the expense of fake settings.
The display is better, but 1920x1080 15.4" is not that important.
Doesn't the plastic get dirty?
I 'm not a teenager.

Im totally agree on your point.
Im just tying to say is that Asus will put too many corners on Tuf model to make a gap between models. Anyway, undervolt on Ryzens CPU are blocked from AMD side, and on Intel side, undervolt was blocked because of a security vulnerability but there are workarounds posted on internet (you can search on reddit).