cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Extreme XIII and chipset for Win11

Megascrypt
Level 7
Just wondering, I don't see option to download all motherboards drivers for Windows 11 e.g. Chipset and everything else. Anyone could share why that might be?
Thanks 90188
8 REPLIES 8

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your new ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (Z590)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx/5xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO/Thunderbolt (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Serial IO Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 5xx

- Intel Thunderbolt Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I22x-V (2.5GbE)

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Marvell/Aquantia Ethernet

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (MB | Intel 5xx/6xx & AMD 5xx/TRX40)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Megascrypt
Level 7
Thank you I appreciate that, but are those official drivers? why wouldn't Asus have official drivers posted on their website, It seems a bit weird that you have to go thru these hppos to get it.

2 days ago I've spoke to support via chat, although it was very late and I'm not sure who I have really talk to and if I understood it correctly and if the person really knew him/herself, but apparently Asus should release it within 2 weeks, that's why I thought I asked here for confirmation and when I see this download link I'm not sure what tot think.

Megascrypt wrote:
Thank you I appreciate that, but are those official drivers? why wouldn't Asus have official drivers posted on their website, It seems a bit weird that you have to go thru these hppos to get it.

2 days ago I've spoke to support via chat, although it was very late and I'm not sure who I have really talk to and if I understood it correctly and if the person really knew him/herself, but apparently Asus should release it within 2 weeks, that's why I thought I asked here for confirmation and when I see this download link I'm not sure what tot think.

ASUS isnt the best for keeping the latest up on their website.

MoKiChU usually gives out good advice. Not a single one of the drivers for my R6EE including chipset, MEI, Realtek, BT or pretty much anything else came from the support page. I generally go to the manufacturer website or station drivers.

Megascrypt
Level 7
Thank you MoKiChU for the links, much appreciated.
All works great

Megascrypt
Level 7
I'm still not sure about the ntel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers vs Standard SATA AHCI Controller. Is there any benefit of updating them? My boot drive is 970 Pro of DIMM.2, then I have few 860's Pro as storage.

I don't run Raid, but there are mixed theories of either having it ntel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers install and not.

Can someone knowledgeable in that regards please elaborate on that, whats the story behind it.

Megascrypt wrote:
I'm still not sure about the ntel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers vs Standard SATA AHCI Controller. Is there any benefit of updating them? My boot drive is 970 Pro of DIMM.2, then I have few 860's Pro as storage.

I don't run Raid, but there are mixed theories of either having it ntel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers install and not.

Can someone knowledgeable in that regards please elaborate on that, whats the story behind it.

Hi,

You need Intel SATA AHCI driver for your 860 PRO SATA SSDs.

Here are the drivers used according to the most common scenarios :

- SATA HDD/SSD in Standard (AHCI) mode : Intel SATA AHCI Driver
- SATA HDD/SSD in RAID mode : Intel SATA RAID Driver
- NVMe SSD : Microsoft built-in NVMe Driver (Standard NVM Express Controller) *

* In order to be able to use Microsoft DirectStorage (or NVIDIA RTX IO) in the future, you still have to use this built-in driver even if there is a specific driver from your SSD manufacturer's (as Samsung NVMe Driver for SSD NVMe Samsung PCIe 3.0 for example).

MoKiChU
Level 40
Megascrypt wrote:

Hi,

You need Intel SATA AHCI driver for your 860 PRO SATA SSDs.

Here are the drivers used according to the most common scenarios :

- SATA HDD/SSD in Standard (AHCI) mode : Intel SATA AHCI Driver
- SATA HDD/SSD in RAID mode : Intel SATA RAID Driver
- NVMe SSD : Microsoft built-in NVMe Driver (Standard NVM Express Controller) *

* In order to be able to use Microsoft DirectStorage (or NVIDIA RTX IO) in the future, you still have to use this built-in driver even if there is a specific driver from your SSD manufacturer's (as Samsung NVMe Driver for Samsung NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSDs for example).

Megascrypt
Level 7
Thank you the info. I didn't even think or should I say know about that, but upon testing, It seems that SATA SSD's benefiting especially from Intels SATA drivers in 4K read and write, there is about 50m/s difference.

Thank you again