Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question

darktron
Level 8
Hello Guys and Girls
I have a question???
dose anyone know if Asus ROG Strix 3090 White OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card playing new world will brick the card if I don't change the power delivery???
I was think about buying the game but I don't want to brick my card or burn the house down lol
i hope everyone have a good thanksgiving.
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
FWIW, I don't think I've heard of any Strix cards dying to New World but if I were in your shoes I would definitely enable an overlay and keep an eye on power draw. If you didn't already see it Jayztwocents published a video showing some of the crazy power draw (even when the power target had been lowered) and offering his suggestions.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I am going to change some Nvidia settings and I'm going to lower the power delivery in msi afterburner.

kubr0
Level 7
I rather wouldn't be touching it and leave it at default. Even though I have a different card, ROG Strix 3080 Ti, New World hasn't been causing me any issues, and I've already sunk in a few dozen of hours in that game.

kubr0 wrote:
I rather wouldn't be touching it and leave it at default. Even though I have a different card, ROG Strix 3080 Ti, New World hasn't been causing me any issues, and I've already sunk in a few dozen of hours in that game.

It seems to be somewhat more prevalent on certain brands and models but I think the primary concern is that some people didn't have any warning. Apparently some folks had crashing issues and just ignored them until their card died but it seems like others didn't have any visible issues until the card was already dead. So that's why I still think checking power usage is a good idea. Better to be informed than not.

For new players, especially those with 3090 cards, it can't hurt to cap the power target before starting and see what kind of power draw there is. They can always raise the cap if it looks like their particular card isn't drawing more than it should.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…