cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB strips light intensity

seblf
Level 7
Hi, i received a lovely RGB strip that i connected to my motherboard via 12V connectors. Sync well with Armory crate themes but the problem is that its way to bright (mix of xmas and vegas) and masks all other rgb devices so id like to know if there is a way to dim the light on these.

Thanks !!
4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
I dont use the on board RGB headers, gave up on Aura/Crate long ago. I run the corsair and it has the option to change colors how you want to and a slider for opacity to dial back the Vegas effect if they are too bright. Mine are around 50% or its just too bright. Corsair Ique has a plugin for the ASUS boards so you can run everything BUT the addressable headers. Like I said I dont use those anyhow. I just want control of the MOBO itself that works perfectly through Ique.

BigJohnny wrote:
I dont use the on board RGB headers, gave up on Aura/Crate long ago. I run the corsair and it has the option to change colors how you want to and a slider for opacity to dial back the Vegas effect if they are too bright. Mine are around 50% or its just too bright. Corsair Ique has a plugin for the ASUS boards so you can run everything BUT the addressable headers. Like I said I dont use those anyhow. I just want control of the MOBO itself that works perfectly through Ique.

Thanks BJ, gonna give it a try. I guess i wouldnt be much for ASUS staff to add that feature on Armory though .... Are the Asus techies reading this forum or may be i should open a formal ticket ?

Turns out that its possible to either turn off the adressable strip or to "dim" the intensity of the light by selecting a static dark color with Aura creator. But that would be much better to have the option to dim the intensity of the effect and theme.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi seblf,

Thank you for your suggestion.
I'll report it to the related team and take it into consideration.