cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

armoury crates unable to detect my mb . please help !!!

Peyman1354
Level 8
hi all

i have rog maximus xi hero z390 + asus tuf 3080 GPU.
nor armoury crate or aura detect my motherboard.
its nearly a year im doling with this issue and still unable to fix.
ive done everything ,new windows, unistall, install, cleaning ,registry file, whatever u name it and still no luck.
ive only got just my mb and gpu to sync ,nothing else,
gpu shows but not my mb..
could someone please help me to find a solution to this problem ?
thank you.

also email asus and asus staff but no respond for a year.
7 REPLIES 7

cekeu
Level 12
I am not a pro. However I will update the cm maximus xi hero z390 to the latest bios, intel me. And I will leave it as default then do a clean install on the formatted and deleted drive with the bootable Windows usb stick. Then I will let Armory crate download or I will install it from the latest version downloaded from the cm maximus xi hero z390 support page. Also I will not install AI Suite 3 which is aging and now conflicts, just forget about it and set the fans to the cm bios.

I am like 99% sure bios doesn't matter. I feel some of your pain, a whole year that sucks. No, based on my experience, its a problem with conflicting versions of asus software. And the attempt to clean out stuff like in the registry and services and such takes a real expert hand. I have not written down how to and can't take time this minute. I might try to do some of that later after work. Try not to break it more. Take a true disk image backup with macrium reflect if you have another drive to save to or at least a restore point.

cekeu wrote:
I am not a pro. However I will update the cm maximus xi hero z390 to the latest bios, intel me. And I will leave it as default then do a clean install on the formatted and deleted drive with the bootable Windows usb stick. Then I will let Armory crate download or I will install it from the latest version downloaded from the cm maximus xi hero z390 support page. Also I will not install AI Suite 3 which is aging and now conflicts, just forget about it and set the fans to the cm bios.

hi.its been updated to the latest bios .also i have new window 11 on it too.
but sadly ac not working corectly.

Peyman1354
Level 8
Hi.
i managed to dl old aura from year a go and get the aura work with my mb.
now the issue is that my asus tuf 3080 gpu is not supported on aura.
as soon i dl armoury crate it stop my mb rgb and give error, but at least i can control 3080 rgb.
its funny that is impossible to get my gpu and
mb to work on same software.
i belive they have not added my mb to new armoury crate.

this is nightmare.

Peyman1354 wrote:
Hi.
i managed to dl old aura from year a go and get the aura work with my mb.
now the issue is that my asus tuf 3080 gpu is not supported on aura.
as soon i dl armoury crate it stop my mb rgb and give error, but at least i can control 3080 rgb.
its funny that is impossible to get my gpu and
mb to work on same software.
i belive they have not added my mb to new armoury crate.

this is nightmare.

ASUS show your mb is compatible with the latest Armoury Crate installer. By that I mean the latest version is on your motherboard support page. I am not saying to just try it again. First a plan is needed. I think just assume mb is compatible, question is GPU. Probably the documentation will answer that. But even if it is not, I don't think it would stop the mb from being detected. And since it does detect GPU and not mb, that tells me it is the same issue I have observed on my new rig. Meaning ASUS software didn't install right. I'm new here, I guess I have revealed how opinionated I can be. 🙂

Jimbo93 wrote:
ASUS show your mb is compatible with the latest Armoury Crate installer. By that I mean the latest version is on your motherboard support page. I am not saying to just try it again. First a plan is needed. I think just assume mb is compatible, question is GPU. Probably the documentation will answer that. But even if it is not, I don't think it would stop the mb from being detected. And since it does detect GPU and not mb, that tells me it is the same issue I have observed on my new rig. Meaning ASUS software didn't install right. I'm new here, I guess I have revealed how opinionated I can be. 🙂

As i said both my mb and gpu should show up in the ac.
but unfortunately they dont.30 year ive been working on pcs .
this is the fisrt time i couldnt sort out the software problem with asus.
everything else runs beautifully. ive done over 100 diffrent possibilities to fix bit no luck.
it must be something in the ac software that dosnt work properly with my mb.
ive seen many with the same mb complaining about it.
i would take any advise on board. cheers for ur reply.

Peyman1354 wrote:
As i said both my mb and gpu should show up in the ac.
but unfortunately they dont.30 year ive been working on pcs .
this is the fisrt time i couldnt sort out the software problem with asus.
everything else runs beautifully. ive done over 100 diffrent possibilities to fix bit no luck.
it must be something in the ac software that dosnt work properly with my mb.
ive seen many with the same mb complaining about it.
i would take any advise on board. cheers for ur reply.

I posted a thread about uninstalling that might be helpful. I do understand the frustration. And you could be right that it cannot be made to work on your rig.