cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hardware Set-up Advice for x570-E + 5600x

OohDreamWeaver
Level 7
Recently purchased some new parts for my PC upgrade and im just trying to make sure everything is compatible and im not missing anything that may cause issues or decreases in performance. I did not do a BIOS update but everything loaded fine but curious on if I should have? Also is there a better way to connect the case fans 1 fan was able to reach ch fn 1 on the mobo but the other connection was too far to reach. so its on one of the other pump connections and the rear case fan is on the ch fn 2 location. the cpu cooler is connected to the 2 cpu connections. I did a userbenchmark which showed the ram wasn't working right seems the board defaults it to 2666 but its supposed to be 3200? Crucials website shows the ram being compatible but on the ROG website im not able to find the exact model? I've overclocked in the past but only the cpu, wasn't sure if the GPU or the RAM needed overclocked also?

Asus ROG x570-E
AMD 5600x
Geforce RTX 2060
Crucial 4x8 32gb DDR4-3200 BL2K8G32C16U4B
samsung 970 evo 1tb m.2 NVME ssd
Noctua NH-d15 cpu cooler
2 Noctua A14 140mm front case fans
1 noctua 120mm rear fan
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
You would need to go into the BIOS to adjust the memory speed. There should be a one-click setting to enable the DOCP compatible settings for your memory but I recommend doing some stability testing using something like HCI's memtest as well. If it's not stable you may need to target a lower frequency or do some manual tuning.

As for a BIOS update, it's not usually needed. If everything is working I wouldn't bother but if your memory isn't stable with DOCP you could try an update to see if that helps.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…