Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Psycrow PC Specs
    Psycrow PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Extreme XIII
    Processor11900k rocket lake
    Memory (part number)32 GB G skill Trident Z royale
    Graphics Card #13080 to auros master extreme OC
    Storage #1M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    Storage #2M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    CPU CoolerNH-U12A
    CaseMeshify 2 XL
    Power SupplySeasonic 1300w Prime
    Keyboard G 815 Tactile
    Mouse Roccat pro kone
    Mouse Pad Steelserie Prism 5XL
    Psycrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    342

    I have so many problems with this damm pc ! Hero XIII is a curse board !

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brokenpc.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	90215

    Im so sick and tired of my new pc that cost me 6000 $
    Its overheating and crashing.

    I tested the cpu in benchmarks and it dident overheat.
    Then i tested the GPU with benchmarks and it dident overheat either.
    The only thing that seems to overheat is the chipset.

    It seems hot in the one corner of my case where the 2 power cable are in the top corner.
    Thats the hottest spot on my pc..im crashing in games and 3d marks.
    I think i can heat a cup of tea on top of my case..

    Is this normal or another broken mobo ?
    I got 7 case fans and air cooler for cpu Nh12a noctua with 2 fans installed.
    Why is the chipset so hot ?

    I need help !

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 11 64bit Pro
    Network RouterPfSence Intel i5-10210U 6 Port
    Accessory #1 TP-Link Gigabit 8&6 Port Switches

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    65
    Posts
    1,254

    PCH is not throttling.
    What is your system ?
    What OC do you have running ?
    Those memory timings don't look stock ?

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    28
    Posts
    1,833

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brokenpc.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	90215

    Im so sick and tired of my new pc that cost me 6000 $
    Its overheating and crashing.

    I tested the cpu in benchmarks and it dident overheat.
    Then i tested the GPU with benchmarks and it dident overheat either.
    The only thing that seems to overheat is the chipset.

    It seems hot in the one corner of my case where the 2 power cable are in the top corner.
    Thats the hottest spot on my pc..im crashing in games and 3d marks.
    I think i can heat a cup of tea on top of my case..

    Is this normal or another broken mobo ?
    I got 7 case fans and air cooler for cpu Nh12a noctua with 2 fans installed.
    Why is the chipset so hot ?

    I need help !
    Temps look fine to me on that cpu on that cooler. cause the pchon 80? Naaaa mine is 50C doing nothing, idle. But my ambient temp is 23C Temps are fine.

    PCH is not near the cpu. so does not manner what air-conditioned you have on the cpu.

    The PCH heat or temps DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO with your pc crashing.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Psycrow PC Specs
    Psycrow PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Extreme XIII
    Processor11900k rocket lake
    Memory (part number)32 GB G skill Trident Z royale
    Graphics Card #13080 to auros master extreme OC
    Storage #1M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    Storage #2M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    CPU CoolerNH-U12A
    CaseMeshify 2 XL
    Power SupplySeasonic 1300w Prime
    Keyboard G 815 Tactile
    Mouse Roccat pro kone
    Mouse Pad Steelserie Prism 5XL
    Psycrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    342

    I tryed to check all my power cables and i found one of the two 8 pins power cable made a click sound.
    And now i could even play new world. Im gona test some more tomorrow. But for now my PCH is 76 c
    Thats at least 10 c lower. Also i disabled some onboard features in bios i dident use.I heard that also helps.

    Specs is

    Hero xiii mobo
    11900k cpu
    32 tridentz royal using xmp 2 aka the stats you see..very expensive ram
    Coolermaster 520 argb case
    NH12 A cooler

    At the moment my 7 case fans are disabled since the controller box is broken.
    Im waiting for RMA. I guess case fans also helps alot

    My pc runs with turbo mode 5 ghz and idle 800 mhz
    on 5 ghz load my temps are around 58-67
    and on 800 mhz idle i get 50- 55 c with out case fans.
    When i take of the side panel then i get like 45 ish c.


    Now the stupid thing is asus armory uses a lighting service that runs at 8 % cpu and makes my cpu run 5 ghz constant, So no idle as long i use RGB hardware...

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Psycrow PC Specs
    Psycrow PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Extreme XIII
    Processor11900k rocket lake
    Memory (part number)32 GB G skill Trident Z royale
    Graphics Card #13080 to auros master extreme OC
    Storage #1M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    Storage #2M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    CPU CoolerNH-U12A
    CaseMeshify 2 XL
    Power SupplySeasonic 1300w Prime
    Keyboard G 815 Tactile
    Mouse Roccat pro kone
    Mouse Pad Steelserie Prism 5XL
    Psycrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    342

    Things still dont work..chipset is overheating above 100 c as soon i play games or stress test in any benchmark..eventualy the pc reboots or BSOD

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    28
    Posts
    1,833

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    I tryed to check all my power cables and i found one of the two 8 pins power cable made a click sound.
    And now i could even play new world. Im gona test some more tomorrow. But for now my PCH is 76 c
    Thats at least 10 c lower. Also i disabled some onboard features in bios i dident use.I heard that also helps.

    Specs is

    Hero xiii mobo
    11900k cpu
    32 tridentz royal using xmp 2 aka the stats you see..very expensive ram
    Coolermaster 520 argb case
    NH12 A cooler

    At the moment my 7 case fans are disabled since the controller box is broken.
    Im waiting for RMA. I guess case fans also helps alot

    My pc runs with turbo mode 5 ghz and idle 800 mhz
    on 5 ghz load my temps are around 58-67
    and on 800 mhz idle i get 50- 55 c with out case fans.
    When i take of the side panel then i get like 45 ish c.


    Now the stupid thing is asus armory uses a lighting service that runs at 8 % cpu and makes my cpu run 5 ghz constant, So no idle as long i use RGB hardware...
    regarding the lightingservices i did make the report on it time. that is cause by the rams sync. Unsync the rams and that drops a lot. but that has nothing to go with the 5.0 constants. i do not own a 11900k but a 10850k my constant is 4.8 on use. and that make heat and that heat need to be dissipate somehow. i do not feel the effect as much since i am on 23C ambient temp always with a 360mm aio. IF you want to drop those constant numbers move the power balance to normal. OR check IF you have another process running.

    Also the MB530 is very bad for air flow. so get a good set of fans pressure oriented so you can improve the air inside.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Psycrow PC Specs
    Psycrow PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Extreme XIII
    Processor11900k rocket lake
    Memory (part number)32 GB G skill Trident Z royale
    Graphics Card #13080 to auros master extreme OC
    Storage #1M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    Storage #2M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    CPU CoolerNH-U12A
    CaseMeshify 2 XL
    Power SupplySeasonic 1300w Prime
    Keyboard G 815 Tactile
    Mouse Roccat pro kone
    Mouse Pad Steelserie Prism 5XL
    Psycrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    342

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAgapiGC View Post
    regarding the lightingservices i did make the report on it time. that is cause by the rams sync. Unsync the rams and that drops a lot. but that has nothing to go with the 5.0 constants. i do not own a 11900k but a 10850k my constant is 4.8 on use. and that make heat and that heat need to be dissipate somehow. i do not feel the effect as much since i am on 23C ambient temp always with a 360mm aio. IF you want to drop those constant numbers move the power balance to normal. OR check IF you have another process running.

    Also the MB530 is very bad for air flow. so get a good set of fans pressure oriented so you can improve the air inside.
    I reinstalled some intel chipset drivers and ME update too l drivers today. And it seems to help alot. Now i can run 3d mark not going above 82 c at full stress test
    Before it was 100 !

    Also thx for ur tip regarding lighting service..alltho now my ram isent in synch with the colour scheme but i just use rainbow default.
    My cpu drops with 8-10 c in idle mode now !!!

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Psycrow PC Specs
    Psycrow PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Extreme XIII
    Processor11900k rocket lake
    Memory (part number)32 GB G skill Trident Z royale
    Graphics Card #13080 to auros master extreme OC
    Storage #1M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    Storage #2M.2 Samsung 980 1 tb
    CPU CoolerNH-U12A
    CaseMeshify 2 XL
    Power SupplySeasonic 1300w Prime
    Keyboard G 815 Tactile
    Mouse Roccat pro kone
    Mouse Pad Steelserie Prism 5XL
    Psycrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    342

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testing.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	916.9 KB 
ID:	90229

    I think i fixed it with some reinstall chipset drivers and ME drivers update tools Now i dont get over 85 c in any hardware

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •