cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix Advantage edition Issues

mh_gorjizadeh
Level 7
Hello,

I have bought Rog Strix Advantage edition about a week ago and i noticed some serious issues, i want to know if these issues are related to my particular unit or generally this model has these problems and also if these is a fix or feature Bios and river update which will fix that ?

I am using original windows 10 Preinstalled and my device has 16 GB or RAM.

1- It takes at least 30 second or more than a minute for device go to sleep.

2-Device doesn't go to sleep (Standby) at all when most of peripherals including mouse ,Keyboard and even headphones are connected and it even crashes and restart the laptop.

3-FreeSynch doesn't work when monitor is connected through USB-C

4-When i change the device performance in middle of game the laptop crashes and restart.

5-Also i will appreciate if any user tell me about backlight bleeding of this model because my unit has backlight bleeding.

I will appreciate if users and also Asus tech guide me if they are experiencing these issue and if i need to change my particular unit.
2 REPLIES 2

GTtron
Level 7
mh_gorjizadeh wrote:
Hello,

I have bought Rog Strix Advantage edition about a week ago and i noticed some serious issues, i want to know if these issues are related to my particular unit or generally this model has these problems and also if these is a fix or feature Bios and river update which will fix that ?

I am using original windows 10 Preinstalled and my device has 16 GB or RAM.

1- It takes at least 30 second or more than a minute for device go to sleep.

2-Device doesn't go to sleep (Standby) at all when most of peripherals including mouse ,Keyboard and even headphones are connected and it even crashes and restart the laptop.

3-FreeSynch doesn't work when monitor is connected through USB-C

4-When i change the device performance in middle of game the laptop crashes and restart.

5-Also i will appreciate if any user tell me about backlight bleeding of this model because my unit has backlight bleeding.

I will appreciate if users and also Asus tech guide me if they are experiencing these issue and if i need to change my particular unit.

Hey, the sleep issue which you are experiencing like laptop not sleeping and randomly turning on, maybe happening due to the connected peripherals if they are from Logitech and if you have installed Logitech Ghub, personally I had this issue uninstalling Ghub fixed it for me.

About screenbleed its common in laptops with thin bezels I have bit on bottom right corner it's not that intrusive I rarely notice it and also try disabling varibright in Radeon software.

For the crashing issue is you Radeon software upto date if not update the graphics drivers with the drivers provided by AMD on their website.

Hello,

Thank you for reply.
The issue is more serious than drivers , even when headphone is connected to audio jack the laptop doesn't sleep.
And about backlight bleeding it is caused by poor manufacturing.
At work we have laptops with thin bezel and almost non of them have backlight bleeding.
This laptop have many bugs on mainboard caused by Asus rush to be the first company to introduce Advantage edition, there are 3 other manufacturers which are still working on it and probably they don't want to use the same mainrboard with Nvidia for Radeon VGA unlike what Asus has done.
Anyway i gave it back and waiting for refund.