cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio III effects

InternetOwl
Level 8
Couldn't find information on this any where so I figured I would ask here. Does anyone know if there is a bit rate and hz limit on Sonic Studio III's effects? As in do they work at 24bit 96hz or only at 16bit 48hz as an example or does it simply not matter. Just wondering.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

PeaceKeeper
Level 7
Wondering the same thing. definitely not working at 192k@32bits

Nate152
Hi guys

Opening SupremeFX and clicking on default format, it defaults to 24bits 48000Hz (Studio Quality).

InternetOwl
Level 8
Well 24 bit 48hz is fine and a safe bet, plus it's not really important, but I was wondering about any official word. If I recall Sonic Studio II with the Strix Cards was stated to only do effects at 24 bit 96hz but I can't find anything about it in relation to Sonic Studio III. Oh well. I guess we live with the mystery. 🙂

HumbleSiPilot77
Level 10
This is the sample rate and bit depth to be used when running in shared mode. Shared mode allows multiple applications/processes to use the sound card simultaneously using the specified settings, and if an application/process doesn't use those settings (like your web browser), Windows should internally process the sound to make it those settings. Exclusive mode is when a single application/process owns all access to the sound card: nobody else can use it.

What is shared mode and what are the effects of raising the sample rate and bit depth? : audiophile ...

i have a denon 550 home soundbar and a extern g6 soundblaster, both audio devices have complete different possibilies for the khz settings and also the dolby or dts features are possible just if the connected device has the matching license