cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL503VM Laptop drops from high fps to 10-15 on everything

Kroizei322
Level 7
Hey guys, for the last 2 years I have been experiencing something very weird which I also meant in the topic, my laptop FPS drops from high FPS (250+ usually) to 10-15 (Even while staying idle on windows screen) on it`s own and when I enable/disable the G-sync nothing changes, meanwhile it has become less than 60 FPS for sure. The problem gets solved when I restart my computer but only to re occur again. I have read some other related problems ppl having with their computer and coming up with a solution, but they didnt work out for me sadly. Therefore not being able to fix the problem makes things frustrating and the problem being present adds to my frustration. Any guide or guess on how to eliminate this problem of mine? I would be very grateful if some of you guys can help me fix it.
5 REPLIES 5

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Kroizei322,
Did it also occur while playing games? When fps drops, do you face any display issue?
Is the AC adapter plugged in?
How did you check the fps information?
May I have the bios version and graphics driver version?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Kroizei322,
Did it also occur while playing games? When fps drops, do you face any display issue?
Is the AC adapter plugged in?
How did you check the fps information?
May I have the bios version and graphics driver version?
Thank you.

Hi dear moderator, it mainly occurs while I`m playing games and it affects the whole system till I restart the laptop. For the display there is no issue whatsoever, no black screens or any lines on the screen or something. AC adapter is plugged in at all times when I`m gaming. I gathered the fps information from the game itself that has the option of showing the FPS. It mostly (%99) occurs when I try to run a game with high graphic settings which the laptop should easily handle it. My bios version is American Megatrends inc. GL503VM.315, 6.03.2020 and SMBIOS 3.0. My graphics driver version is 30.0.14.7212.

Thanks a lot for your relevance and attention. 😮

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Kroizei322,
Did it occur while specific settings or level in the games?
Is the temperature too high or the network is not stable while FPS drops?
If it occurs with wifi, please try wire connection.
How did you check FPS information while staying idle on windows screen?
If you wait for a while, FPS doesn't recover and you have to restart the device?
Please update bios 316 and reinstall NVIDIA Graphic Driver 24.21.13.9924 from our support site.
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ROG%20Strix%20GL503/HelpDesk_Download/
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Kroizei322,
Did it occur while specific settings or level in the games?
Is the temperature too high or the network is not stable while FPS drops?
If it occurs with wifi, please try wire connection.
How did you check FPS information while staying idle on windows screen?
If you wait for a while, FPS doesn't recover and you have to restart the device?
Please update bios 316 and reinstall NVIDIA Graphic Driver 24.21.13.9924 from our support site.
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ROG%20Strix%20GL503/HelpDesk_Download/
Thank you.

Dear mod, the situation occurs when the game is running at moderate + setting, not at a specific level. Temperature gets a little high (80 C) but as i know it is not a big deal. It occurs both on wifi and wire connection also. On windows screen i did circles with my mouse and saw that mouse leaves visible a trace behind before moving to the next point (like planes xd). When I wait for a while (1 hrs idle on windows screen) it turns back to normal, while gaming on a 40 minute gameplay I play the game only 5 minutes smoothly, rest 35 minutes are 10-15 fps. I have reinstalled NVIDIA graphic driver and BIOS update you advised and will inform you about it soon.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Kroizei322,
Do you mean after gaming and FPS drops, you would see the mouse trace?
If it only occurred after playing the specific games, may I have the name and the version of the game?
If it still occurs after updated bios 316 and reinstalled NVIDIA Graphic Driver 24.21.13.9924 from our support site, may I have the video about FPS drops?
Thank you.