cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Drivers Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi

sHAYM4N
Level 7
Hi I know there is a similar post below for the dark hero, but I'm in a similar situation with the Hero VIII WiFi. Only the chipset driver listed (which I think also may be out of date now?) Anyone know if there are drivers out there yet & the page needs updating or am I best just to hold out? Really didn't want to upgrade this early to be honest but had the search bug on Windows 10 destroy 3 user accounts now so just hoping it's the lesser of two evils for me!

Everything is working "ok" on what Windows setup but it's probably not ideal and have has a few system lockups with task manager not even responding.
5 REPLIES 5

soulburn74
Level 9
sHAYM4N wrote:
Hi I know there is a similar post below for the dark hero, but I'm in a similar situation with the Hero VIII WiFi. Only the chipset driver listed (which I think also may be out of date now?) Anyone know if there are drivers out there yet & the page needs updating or am I best just to hold out? Really didn't want to upgrade this early to be honest but had the search bug on Windows 10 destroy 3 user accounts now so just hoping it's the lesser of two evils for me!

Everything is working "ok" on what Windows setup but it's probably not ideal and have has a few system lockups with task manager not even responding.

For my build (on 11 RTM plus all windows updates (especially the most recent update that as AMD fixes):
1. Get the chipset driver straight from the AMD website, it also has fixes in it that everyone has been moaning about.
2. Also get the Storage Driver from the AMD website as well.
3. Get your Nic, Wifi, BT drivers from intel, realtek websites (all newer than what is on the asus page).
4. Install Armoury Crate, AI Suite, AI Charger (if you use them) from the Asus website (they all work fine in Windows 11 for me)
5. Get your GPU driver from AMD/NVIDIA website.

(I can't speak to the sound driver as i have the onboard audio on the motherboard disabled, using a SB AE-5 Plus)

You are done!

soulburn74 wrote:
For my build (on 11 RTM plus all windows updates (especially the most recent update that as AMD fixes):
1. Get the chipset driver straight from the AMD website, it also has fixes in it that everyone has been moaning about.
2. Also get the Storage Driver from the AMD website as well.
3. Get your Nic, Wifi, BT drivers from intel, realtek websites (all newer than what is on the asus page).
4. Install Armoury Crate, AI Suite, AI Charger (if you use them) from the Asus website (they all work fine in Windows 11 for me)
5. Get your GPU driver from AMD/NVIDIA website.

(I can't speak to the sound driver as i have the onboard audio on the motherboard disabled, using a SB AE-5 Plus)

You are done!

Many thanks, yeah already covered on the AMD side I think & GPU was fine.

Do you happen to have links for the realtek audio drivers - I can only seem to find network drivers on their site.
Also just tried installing the Windows 11 AX200 driver as well from intel which prompted the restart then checking just reverted back to Microsofts driver anyway 😒

sHAYM4N wrote:

Do you happen to have links for the realtek audio drivers - I can only seem to find network drivers on their site.
Also just tried installing the Windows 11 AX200 driver as well from intel which prompted the restart then checking just reverted back to Microsofts driver anyway 😒

I don't use the onboard sound, so I don't know of another location to get the driver other than using the one in the windows 10 driver section of the motherboards asus support site.....

I used the latest BT and wifi intel drivers from the intel website and remember them installing without issue. The Intel NIC driver on the other hand failed to install (found no adapters), so I just ended up using the microsoft driver for now (we'll see if intel releases a new driver that works on 11....). Sorry I can't be more help in that regard.

I've gone back to windows 10 for now only because of issues with Oculus Quest 2 link software not quite windows 11 ready yet and I'm a heavy PCVR user.... But once Oculus/Facebook/Meta gets their stuff together will be going right back to 11 🙂

sHAYM4N wrote:

MoKiChu posts links to all latest drivers. Many users on this forum use his links to keep up to date. The drivers on Asus support site are usually out of date. Here is a link to his Driver index. Go from there. All the Realtek stuff is there. He packs them together and makes the updates very easy to do.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?119120-INDEX-All-My-Firmware-Drivers-Software-Threads

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Unless experiencing any issues, the only driver that you should be eager to update to is AMD's latest chipset driver. This contains fixes pertaining to L3 cache performance.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090