cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI and White Q-LED

KonEv
Level 7
Hello!

I have motheboard ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI (BIOS 1007) with Intel 11900 (without K). I have big problem with stability of power on. The typical and biggest problem when Q-Led on the mobo stay light white after boot, but my discrete RTX card working well and Win10 doesn't see any problems with the hardware. After hot restart this problem may gone out and white Q-led became switched off. In this case my computer is working fine without any problems till manual power off.

If I have disconnected (extracted) external video card and use Display Port to connect monitor directly to the motheboard, I see same issue. If white Q-led is staying switched on I have black monitor and nothing appeared. So, the problem is not in NVIDIA card. After one or several reboot the problem*typically*is gone.

Another problem - when computer has lost USB keyboard OR mouse during boot. So, I always able to make Switch Off from Windows.

Plus sometime I can not call BIOS by using F2 or Del keys and Win10 start window appear. I have to reboot usually 2-7 times after cold Power On to have fine working computer.

*I already had tried to use BIOS 0902, update Intel ME drivers, Intel VGA drivers, reset BIOS to default etc. MemTest86 pass without errors. Also I changed monitor.*
Any ideas?
Thanks!

:confused: :confused: :confused:
The problem seems solved. I have changed default BIOS setting from "optimized by BIOS perfomance" to "Enable to 90C maximum". Perhapse my 11900 (non-K) processor is not good for ASUS mobo
*Thanks to everybody!*
7 REPLIES 7

Saltgrass
Level 13
I don't have that exact board, but have you verified installing the RTX video card does disable the onboard video?

You comment about the problem going away after boots may indicate you could try turning off Fast Startup in Windows in case the hibernation file it creates is involved.

You are confident your power supply is large enough for whichever RTX card you have?

I have no way of knowing if the Keyboard power problem is involved but you might try changing them out..

I would not think the Bios version was involved..

Is this a new build?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I don't have that exact board, but have you verified installing the RTX video card does disable the onboard video?

You comment about the problem going away after boots may indicate you could try turning off Fast Startup in Windows in case the hibernation file it creates is involved.

You are confident your power supply is large enough for whichever RTX card you have?

I have no way of knowing if the Keyboard power problem is involved but you might try changing them out..

I would not think the Bios version was involved..

Is this a new build?

Thank you!Â*
Yes, this is new build (two month old). After successful random boot my computer is working well even under long AIDA64 and 3DMark Time Spy stress tests. So, PSU seems has enough power.
My keyboard and mouse working well on another computer with Z590. I checked this.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
KonEv wrote:
Hello!

I have motheboard ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI (BIOS 1007) with Intel 11900 (without K). I have big problem with stability of power on. The typical and biggest problem when Q-Led on the mobo stay light white after boot, but my discrete RTX card working well and Win10 doesn't see any problems with the hardware. After hot restart this problem may gone out and white Q-led became switched off. In this case my computer is working fine without any problems till manual power off.

If I have disconnected (extracted) external video card and use Display Port to connect monitor directly to the motheboard, I see same issue. If white Q-led is staying switched on I have black monitor and nothing appeared. So, the problem is not in NVIDIA card. After one or several reboot the problem*typically*is gone.

Another problem - when computer has lost USB keyboard OR mouse during boot. So, I always able to make Switch Off from Windows.

Plus sometime I can not call BIOS by using F2 or Del keys and Win10 start window appear. I have to reboot usually 2-7 times after cold Power On to have fine working computer.

*I already had tried to use BIOS 0902, update Intel ME drivers, Intel VGA drivers, reset BIOS to default etc. MemTest86 pass without errors. Also I changed monitor. :(:(:(

*Any ideas?
Thanks!

Is not board bios ram and less any settings.

I will explain, since i have being dealing with these for the las 4 years.
GPUS are used to be legacy. The issue IS THE NVIDIA GPUS.
Is in regard on how DISPPLAY PORTS works when CSM is disable and is pure UEFI. That will not happens on HDMI (as far i know), SINCE these as put is a thing is more notable.

FIX
1. Turn on the monitor first then the pc. the idea is to avoid that the monitor goes to sleep.

2. NVIDIA, even that they TOLD ME once MY GEAR IS DAMAGE, now they see the problem. NVIDIA DEPLOY ONLY 3080ti AS FAR I KNOW. so oems can push a DP firmware update. BUT ALL CARDS need to be updated. ALL OF THEM. Some brands like MSI are ok untill 2000 series. since i do have 2 here. but most cards will have these issues. Since i can not test what i do not have i have being dealing with these all the time and tech other to overcome it.

3. will get fix? NVIDIA HAVE THE KEY on these.

4. Is not fast boot or hibernation or the dust on the ram or blowing the ram or cleaning the bearing of the usb port or windows settings. IS the display port. Now, what will happens when a old DP version like 1.0. no idea all my monitors are 1.2 or above. So i can not check.

I have test ASUS BOARD (asus can not fix it since is NOT a board related issue. maybe asus CAN PUSH nvidia a little to persuade as 3080ti update comes with a solution. to mitigate these more in bios. some how. these will not happens on HDMI or integrate ports on the board.

good weekend

on z590, with the new bios (windows11), did get some help. But does not deal with it.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Thank you for your answer!

Unfortunately, I have same problem with white Q-led without installed discrete NVIDIA card in my computer.Â*My motheboard has own Display Port and HDMI. When I connect a Monitor directly to Motheboard, sometime I have white Q-led and black monitor... If I see white Q-led on, I have to reboot several times... I tried Swith On / Switch off two different monitors before boot with different cables. The problem inside of mobo or(and) CPU

KonEv wrote:
Thank you for your answer!

Unfortunately, I have same problem with white Q-led without installed discrete NVIDIA card in my computer.Â*My motheboard has own Display Port and HDMI. When I connect a Monitor directly to Motheboard, sometime I have white Q-led and black monitor... If I see white Q-led on, I have to reboot several times... I tried Swith On / Switch off two different monitors before boot with different cables. The problem inside of mobo or(and) CPU

It will feel odd my reply. but avoid that the monitor goes to sleep. is almost instant. play with the osd in the monitor when the you are turning on the pc
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
It will feel odd my reply. but avoid that the monitor goes to sleep. is almost instant. play with the osd in the monitor when the you are turning on the pc

My monitor working fine with another Z590 computer with very close configuration. The problem is not in a monitor 100%.
Thank you!Â*

The problem seems solved. I have changed default BIOS setting from "optimized by BIOS perfomance" to "Enable to 90C maximum". Perhapse my 11900 (non-K) processor is not good for ASUS mobo

Â**Thanks to everybody!*