cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 2080 ti thermal pads

lirazhakim1996
Level 7
Hi everyone,
I have 2080 ti strix edition, i want to replace the pads but i am not sure what height I need to buy, if anyone have tutorial i will be glade if he can share it.
Either way I do want to get recommendations of the sizes of the pads i need to buy.
Thank you in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

ahfoo
Level 13
lirazhakim1996 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have 2080 ti strix edition, i want to replace the pads but i am not sure what height I need to buy, if anyone have tutorial i will be glade if he can share it.
Either way I do want to get recommendations of the sizes of the pads i need to buy.
Thank you in advance.

Hi. I am not sure the reason behind you need to change the thermal pad of your gpu card. I am having a Nvidia 1060 with stock fan for my media server for couple of years and the cooling effect never change more than a degree since then till now. I did try a few thermal paste in the past for CPU, in the end of the day the correction and improvement not worth doing that. Sorry to say that it not a myth, but with proper air flow and cooling it made make more worthy investment rater spending time looking for a cooling paste or pad to perform wonder temperature decrease in your system setup. sudden surge of 5 degree of your temperature will not kill, halt or shut down your system. May be I am blunt, and I am sorry for that.

I do appreciate your reply.
But if you really want to know, I just want ever cooler Temps. Nothing else.
It did raised a bit with the Temps over the years, but as I said I just want even cooler Temps.

ahfoo
Level 13
You can try this site,

https://shop.watercool.de/Thermal-Pa...X-2080Ti-STRIX

But I am not sure it will work on yours. My buddy told me it works, having said that it will be good to remain status quo. Buy at your own risk.

ahfoo
Level 13