Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Hero & Dark Rock Pro 3 ?

waffou
Level 7
Hi all

I want to buy the Dark Hero with a Ryzen 5900X and 2X16G Gskill trident Z neo
i want to still use my Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 (i have already reaceived his AM4 adaptation Kit)

My question is :
Is there any space for the RAM with the Dark Rock Pro 3
(on my dead formula Z it was very limit with the Trident X )

thanks for your help
5 REPLIES 5

RedSector73
Level 12
Since you are only using 2xRam and first slot will have nothing in it. Fairly Safe to say yes, although not personally used a Dark Rock Pro 3 (moved away from big ass coolers) and I've never had issue with any Asus motherboards and bigger CPU coolers even m-atx asus boards. The RAM neo is fairly low profile, even at say 4xRAM, I envision that it will fit but you might need to remove the fan on that side to get first one out, worst case (just based on prior exp with other asus boards, though I have only ever run AIO's on CH8 wifi and DH).

Hope you find this helpful, maybe someone will 100% confirm.

thanks for your answer ... each advice are good to take 🙂

As you said on the crosshaire V formula Z i have to take off the fan to put or take of the ram. But even without fan the dark pro 3 was just upper of slot 2 .
If Slots of ram are more on the right side on the Dark Hero (0,5 cm or 1cm) i will be 100% shure that i will have enought free space

Neo looks 0,5cm taller than trident X ..4,3 cm against 3,8 cm

waffou wrote:
Neo looks 0,5cm taller than trident X ..4,3 cm against 3,8 cm

Installed, I actually got slight lower measurement 40.5mm but I round up.

RedSector73 wrote:
Installed, I actually got slight lower measurement 40.5mm but I round up.

I just check on the Dark Pro 3 : i have only 3,9 free space between the socket contact part and the first refresh part.

it will really depends of the design of the dark hero ... or i will have to choose another ram with a lower profil

Here are the dimensions of Dark Pro 3... Is anybody from Asus Rog can tell me if I will have enought free space without the right fan on the Formula VIII Dark Hero

?90340