Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula Error Loop

AndreaKosta
Level 7
Motherboard model: Maximus VI Formula

UEFI Version: 1603

CPU: i7 4790k Haswell Refresh

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: DOMINATOR PLATINUM — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2133MHz C9

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (not connected during issue)

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: SSD Samsung EVO Pro 250GB / HDD WD Black 1TB / HDDSeagate Barracuda 1TB, HDD Seagate Barracuda 250GB

PSU: Corsair RM750 (fully modular)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x60

PC CASE: NZXT H440

Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit Activated

Issue [RESOLVED ITSELF]

While using the PC, both monitors suddenly lost signal. Restarted PC and then I've noticed a loop in the error codes panel.

The error loop usually shows more 30ish numbers, stopping at the error code 36 or 3b, not sure.. But sometimes, after this 36/3b, I also get 4F. The PC doesn't seem to turn off/boot between loops.

- Tried using a single memory alone, switching memories and slots as well.
- No USBs, peripherals or GPU connected. Only the PSU power cable and sometimes the HDMI.
- The error occurs without my GPU. Tried connecting my TV straight to the motherboard. The error loop happens no matter if there's a video cable connected or not.
- While testing my options, I was able to reach the boot screen, with PC details while using a single memory. But I was not able to replicate it.
- Changed the battery - which was already old (took a couple minutes, which could help resetting BIOS. Didn't work, so I used the Clear CMOS then reinstalled latest BIOS Firmware (renamed it to M6F.CAP. The USB Flashback blinked as expected.
- Noticed that below the Motherboard 24-pin cable, there's a LED flashing red. Not sure if this was already like that and what this means.
2 REPLIES 2

AndreaKosta
Level 7
How come I just tried booting the PC again, nothing changed between the last try, and it's working now (with both memories including in their original positions)...? Why PCs do that? ~_~

Well, for now I don't need help anymore, but still would be useful to understand what happened...

AndreaKosta wrote:
How come I just tried booting the PC again, nothing changed between the last try, and it's working now (with both memories including in their original positions)...? Why PCs do that? ~_~

Well, for now I don't need help anymore, but still would be useful to understand what happened...

Must be the Flux capacitor breaking down.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-500.html