cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix G513QR.323 Asus Component Firmware Update issue [solved]

DavidEsteba
Level 7
Hi folks,

This driver stopped working after something applied config file oem113.inf and oem70.inf on 7/3/2021. The log shows oem70.inf had worked prior to oem113.inf being applied but now it does not work. I think something went wrong during the configuration and windows rolled back the driver automatically. I'm not sure what updated this driver and have not experienced any noticeable issues since it stopped working. I only noticed a few days ago when the bass disappeared from my speakers and I went looking in the device manager for my sound driver.

Here is what I've done to troubleshoot so far:
I downloaded the latest updates and optional updates from the MyASUS app and Windows Update.
I downloaded the latest version of all the optional drivers for my system from the ASUS support website.
I attempted to roll back the driver but the option isn't available.
I chatted to ASUS tech support via the MyASUS app and they recommended I do a factory reset (I'd rather not do that).

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

PS: Sound issue is fixed. Just need help with my ASUS Component Firmware Update driver.
2 REPLIES 2

Blake1
Level 10
Hello David,
Please uninstall this component firmware. Remember to check "Delete the driver software for this device"
and then REBOOT the laptop.
Then run windows update again.
Let me know if it works. Thank you.

This fix worked perfectly! Thank you very much.