cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hard drive warranties on rog laptops.

dabigin
Level 7
I have my hybrid drive on my laptop going out, and I figured I'd ask here what the standard warranty on the ROG laptops hard drives are. I'm going to chat with support Monday and see if I can RMA the hard drive that came with the system. I really hope I don't have to ship the entire system to get the replacement drive. I ran the Seagate tools and it fails when trying to repair.
Dabigin on xbl and psn
Dabigin on stream
Republic of Gamers Laptop owner 2-11-2011
System:
Current System
GL703GE (Powered on 1/3/2019)
Old System
G74SX (Retired 12/20/2018)
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Pretty sure the entire system is under one blanket warranty so the hard drive doesn't really have a warranty, per se. At the very least you don't have extended support for any specific component. Whether you can send just the drive? I'm doubtful but I guess you can always ask support. The reason I don't think that's a thing is because I don't believe they track components individually so a hard drive is meaningless to the RMA system. But feel free to let us know here what they say.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Blake1
Level 10
Hello dabigin,
Please kindly send the whole laptop back to us if you need RMA.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

BigJohnny
Level 13
dabigin wrote:
I have my hybrid drive on my laptop going out, and I figured I'd ask here what the standard warranty on the ROG laptops hard drives are. I'm going to chat with support Monday and see if I can RMA the hard drive that came with the system. I really hope I don't have to ship the entire system to get the replacement drive. I ran the Seagate tools and it fails when trying to repair.

They wont touch it unless you send it back as it came from the factory. Spinners they have been using are less than desirable. All mine are SSD even the ones that came with spinners.

First thing I do is purchase a suitable SSD when I purchase the laptop.
Then do all the updates and mirror the spinner to a new SSD.
Yank Spinner and put it in a drawer (usually in the SSD box that I replaced it with)

That way I always have the original image, the drive wont wear and if I have to send it off for service its a simple matter of changing out the drive and putting the original back in. Then I dont have to worry about DATA on the drive either as all it has is what it came with and the updates. No other software or personal info or files loaded.

This also applies to ram or any other upgrades you have done. If its not as it came out of the box they wont touch it.