cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix G512LV And windows 11 Feedback, Advice?

KorosuKivy
Level 10
So I got my windows 11 update and it is ready to go, but I'm hesitant to go into it for the sake of app compatibility and whatnot. Has anyone taken the plunge and if so what was your outcome and if someone at ASUS could tell us if we can update to 11 with no issues or should wait for updates to come out.
2 REPLIES 2

KorosuKivy
Level 10
KorosuKivy wrote:
So I got my windows 11 update and it is ready to go, but I'm hesitant to go into it for the sake of app compatibility and whatnot. Has anyone taken the plunge and if so what was your outcome and if someone at ASUS could tell us if we can update to 11 with no issues or should wait for updates to come out.

Well, I'll update this since I went ahead and updated it. It's gone well just make sure you update .net framework as well as Nvidia drivers after updating

BigJohnny
Level 13
I cant attest to the G512LV but Ive been running the dev channel releases since day one on my R6EE and 10980XE with a pair of 2080Tis and Optane drives as well as 6 SATA drives and a pair of M.2s. No driver issues whatsoever.

Best insurance policy is to have a 3rd party software back up (I use Acronis) and back up what you have before doing anything. Often there is no rolling back and if you do it still screws the pooch. If you do a full back up you can just reload win 10 and restore right back to where you were. The only thing I would be worried about is ASUS with their ATK packages that control the lighting and keyboard.