Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi Alf-life,
    Thank you for your help and information.
    I'll consult our tech team to see of there is any error in log.
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi Alf-life,
    After consulted our tech team, it might be hardware related.
    Please apply online RMA again and share me the RMA number once you got the RMA number via PM.
    Thank you.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Alf-life,
    After consulted our tech team, it might be hardware related.
    Please apply online RMA again and share me the RMA number once you got the RMA number via PM.
    Thank you.
    Hi Starrain,
    I have uninstalled Armoury 3 days ago.

All that time I had no crashes. It would be nice to understand which caused such issue all the time but I don't know what to report RMA. What do you think? Is it bag with Armoury or hardware problem?

UPDATE

I've updated NVidia driver to the latest v497.09. All games are on FULLscreen. No crashes.
    Last edited by Alf-life; 12-14-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Moderator Array

Hi Alf-life,
    If the issue only occurs with Armoury Crate installed, could you please use Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool and Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer from our support site to reinstall Armoury Crate. Then, please make sure all items in update center all up to date. If there is any notice ask for restarting the device, please follow the notice to restart.
    https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Arm...Desk_Download/
    If the games still crash, please record a log in Armoury Crate.
    1. In Armoury Crate "Settings" and check "About" page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log", the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once you agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log. Please play games as usual. When the games crash, please click "Generate log data" to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file) and then share the log file and crashing time to me via PM.
    2. In Armoury Crate "Settings" and check "About" page, then click service version for getting all version for reference.
    Thank you very much.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Alf-life,
    If the issue only occurs with Armoury Crate installed, could you please use Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool and Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer from our support site to reinstall Armoury Crate. Then, please make sure all items in update center all up to date. If there is any notice ask for restarting the device, please follow the notice to restart.
    https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Arm...Desk_Download/
    If the games still crash, please record a log in Armoury Crate.
    1. In Armoury Crate "Settings" and check "About" page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log", the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once you agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log. Please play games as usual. When the games crash, please click "Generate log data" to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file) and then share the log file and crashing time to me via PM.
    2. In Armoury Crate "Settings" and check "About" page, then click service version for getting all version for reference.
    Thank you very much.
    Hi Starrain,

Thank you for your time.
    I've installed Armoury crate and was able to play for 15 minutes. Link to log and screenshot is in you PM.

For the record, I was testing new version of Armoury with latest Nvidia driver and full screen mode just less than 20 min. I do not believe if I downgrade to Asus driver V27.21.14.6235 something will change, because without Armoury everything works.

Moderator Array

Hi Alf-life,
    Thank you for your help.
    I'll forward it to our tech team for further checking.

ROG Member Array

I wanted to note that when I bipassed the AMD chipset by using USB-C to Displayport Starcraft 2 will still crash, but I do not get a "green screen." Also, this issue does appear to be related to Armoury Crate because in Performance mode it crashes more often than in Turbo. I am thinking less of Hardware failure and more on the software/driver side.

(Edit 7:28AM ET) I just had the same thing happen but this time I wasn't playing any games. I noticed the Windows logs were missing from up until the time I booted. Could this be antivirus software or something with the SSD? I was troublshooting a software app problem and had scheduled chkdsk /f to run after reboot. The same system freeze, which normally occured in video games, happened again about 10min after reboot. I have a Norton subscription for antivirus.

Does Asus have a test environment for these?

(Edit 5:44AM ET) I used the Amoury Crate removal tool and then reinstalled after reboot. It hasn't crashed again. I will see what happens over the next couple of days.

Thanks,
    Shaun
    Last edited by shaunboy; 12-16-2021 at 10:44 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by shaunboy View Post
    I wanted to note that when I bipassed the AMD chipset by using USB-C to Displayport Starcraft 2 will still crash, but I do not get a "green screen." Also, this issue does appear to be related to Armoury Crate because in Performance mode it crashes more often than in Turbo. I am thinking less of Hardware failure and more on the software/driver side.

(Edit 7:28AM ET) I just had the same thing happen but this time I wasn't playing any games. I noticed the Windows logs were missing from up until the time I booted. Could this be antivirus software or something with the SSD? I was troublshooting a software app problem and had scheduled chkdsk /f to run after reboot. The same system freeze, which normally occured in video games, happened again about 10min after reboot. I have a Norton subscription for antivirus.

Does Asus have a test environment for these?

(Edit 5:44AM ET) I used the Amoury Crate removal tool and then reinstalled after reboot. It hasn't crashed again. I will see what happens over the next couple of days.

Thanks,
    Shaun

Same with me. I have uninstalled Armoury 5 days ago. No crashes.

Looks like problem was with Armoury all that time.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-life View Post
    Same with me. I have uninstalled Armoury 5 days ago. No crashes.

Looks like problem was with Armoury all that time.

At 8:30PM ET it crashed after I reinstalled Armoury. It's deffinitely software related but without Armoury I loose 10% FPS on Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark. 76FPS 4k Ultra settings with Ray Tracing on Medium. Without Armoury its 69fps. (Edit) Is there a way to control Aura settings without using Armoury crate? That is one of the best features of this because my new monitor works with Aura Sync.

Thanks,
    Shaun
    Last edited by shaunboy; 12-17-2021 at 02:06 AM.

Moderator Array

Hi shaunboy,
    The issue you have seems different from Alf-life's.
    Have you opened the laptop and change or add ram and hard drive?
    Do you use bundled OS or install OS by yourself?
    Is the OS Windows 10 Version 21H2 19044.1387?
    Have you backup the files and reset the system, but the system still freeze?
    Thank you.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast