cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG STRIX B550 I GAMING Ryzen 5800 (non X)

rkraft
Level 7
Hi! Will this motherboard get an bios update to support Ryzen 5800 (non x)? The x570-i supports it.

Thanks
Regards Robin
27 REPLIES 27

Nate152

Nate152
I don't want to give you false information but, according to this the Ryzen 5800 isn't compatible with the ROG Strix B550-I Gaming motherboard. I only see one 5800 and it has an X.

The 5800 is an OEM cpu and comes in prebuilt systems only, this explains why it's not compatible.

https://pangoly.com/en/compatibility/asus-rog-strix-b550-i-gaming/cpu

Nate152 wrote:
I don't want to give you false information but, according to this the Ryzen 5800 isn't compatible with the ROG Strix B550-I Gaming motherboard. I only see one 5800 and it has an X.

The 5800 is an OEM cpu and comes in prebuilt systems only, this explains why it's not compatible.

https://pangoly.com/en/compatibility/asus-rog-strix-b550-i-gaming/cpu

Hi! Thanks for answer! But isnt it weird that the asus rog x570-i supports it but not b550? The x570 is older then b550.. maybe they forgot to add it? I mean in the future when the oem motherboard bricks, it should be possible to put it in new motherboard? I can see b550-f supports it too.Â*

Nate152
According to the same website, the Ryzen 5800 isn't on the cpu compatibility list for the ROG Strix X570-I Gaming motherboard.

https://pangoly.com/en/compatibility/asus-rog-strix-x570-i-gaming/cpu

If it's a newer cpu and is compatible, it's quite possible they haven't updated their list.

Please show me your cpu compatibility list.

Nate152 wrote:
According to the same website, the Ryzen 5800 isn't on the cpu compatibility list for the ROG Strix X570-I Gaming motherboard.

https://pangoly.com/en/compatibility/asus-rog-strix-x570-i-gaming/cpu

If it's a newer cpu and is compatible, it's quite possible they haven't updated their list.

Please show me your cpu compatibility list.

Hi! I have setup the pc now and it works! My specs:

Nzxt h1 case
Nzxt PSU and AIO
Ryzen 5800
B550-I Gaming ITX
16gb DDR4 3200Mhz
RTX 3060 TI
SN750 1tb

I used bios flashback and it works perfectly! 🙂

Nate152
This Ryzen 5800 kind of threw me for a loop, it's likely not on the cpu compatibility list because you can't buy it anywhere, but doesn't mean it won't work.

So sorry for the confusion.

I'm very happy to see it's working for you, you now have a very nice gaming pc !

Nate152 wrote:
This Ryzen 5800 kind of threw me for a loop, it's likely not on the cpu compatibility list because you can't buy it anywhere, but doesn't mean it won't work.

So sorry for the confusion.

I'm very happy to see it's working for you, you now have a very nice gaming pc !

No problem! Im just glad that you trying to help me! But i notice some issue this morning. I was downloading games under the night and in the morning when i moved the mouse i got respond from the screen but it was just black? Screen on and it didnt say anything like â€�no connectionâ€� etc. So i forced shut down the pc and it booted normally. I checked event viewer but i couldnt find any issues? Have i forget to install drivers or something? I installed amd chipset and nvidia driver. Then bluetooth driver from windows update. Could this be the problem? Â*

Nate152
You can check device manager for any missing drivers, missing drivers will show a yellow exclamation point.

From what it sounds, your pc went to sleep and didn't wake up.

First thing that comes to mind is ram instability,

Nate152 wrote:
You can check device manager for any missing drivers, missing drivers will show a yellow exclamation point.

From what it sounds, your pc went to sleep and didn't wake up.

First thing that comes to mind is ram instability,

No missing driver but it was the ram! When i used the pc today it got slower,slower and then everything got frozen so i forced shut down the pc. It was old ram i had before in my old pc but i bought new one and it doesnt freeze anymore. Thanks for your help! 🙂 Have a nice day!

Regards Robin