cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G35dx ram

Zogs313
Level 7
Hello every body*
Just got a ga35 Desktop with Amd 5900x and ga35dx motherboard and 32gb of ram 3200 cl22
And i wanna upgrade it to 64 or 128 the ram i would like to buy this:
*Crucial Ballistix RGB 2 x 32GB, DDR4-3600*BL2K32G36C16U4BL. 1,35V
But as i was reading its a *big problem to upgrade ram. On this mobo*
Is any body know it it will *work or can help me with the setup.
Thank you *
12 REPLIES 12

Elduderino
Level 7
Let us know if you figure out the answer, looking to bump up my RAM as well to 64 or 128GB and lower latency. Can we run 3600 mhz (1.35v) RAM?

Chewy
Level 7
Zogs313 wrote:
Hello every body*
Just got a ga35 Desktop with Amd 5900x and ga35dx motherboard and 32gb of ram 3200 cl22
And i wanna upgrade it to 64 or 128 the ram i would like to buy this:
*Crucial Ballistix RGB 2 x 32GB, DDR4-3600*BL2K32G36C16U4BL. 1,35V
But as i was reading its a *big problem to upgrade ram. On this mobo*
Is any body know it it will *work or can help me with the setup.
Thank you *

Hello Zogs,

Did you manage to upgrade to your desired RAM(s)?
I was told by Asus Service Center that the GA35DX is locked to RAMS at at max speed of 3200MHZ.
I tried plugging in 2x 16GB 3600MHZ RAM, the computer will not boot. Changed to 3200MHZ and all is running well.

I decided to get the Kingston Fury Black 2x32GB 3200MHz.

I had to set at manual and 3200MHz to make it work at the rated speed.

At plug and play it defaults to 2400MHz per JEDEC standards.

With the DOCP profile, it would also just default back to 2400MHz.

Once manually set, no issues encountered.

Also worth noting Asus motherboard manual states a RAM of 4, 8, or 16GB. However Kingston states a max of 32GB. So I took the chance at 2x32GB it was fully recognized in BIOS and at the Asus Armoury Crate app.

ChrisL1971 wrote:
For RAM compatibility check https://rog.asus.com/nl/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl/

I referred to the list, but it still hasn't been updated as they refer to the Kingston lineup with HyperX models which has been sold off to HP. Waiting on them to update to the latest Kingston Fury lineup which should technically be the same. Until then, my Kingston Fury isn't officially supported.

Reposting my reply from another thread:

The G35DX motherboard is still crippled in April 2023 with latest (315) bios. This is pretty bad form from ASUS for a purportedly high-performance machine and someone should take ownership of fixing it. These are expensive machines and when you lose customers like me, you lose us for good.

Can't get my ram to run at the desired docp profile 

Same for me.. But what you can do is Select DOCP and then select a lower speed. Did work for me. now runnng at 3400 vs 3600 

samj
Level 8

I've just installed BIOS version 321 which claims performance improvements.

Sure enough, DRAM Voltage has been added!

That being said, while it correctly reports the VDDCR CPU and SOC voltages as 1.464v and 0.975v respectively, it's reporting the DRAM voltage as 250.915v which I think we can agree is incorrect.

Loading the DOCP profile for 3603 instead of the default 2666 results in the blue screens I was getting before and which I suspect to be due to undervoltage. That is to say, I think they've accepted that this is a critical feature for a high performance machine, and then wired it up wrong.

I'd be keen to hear from ASUS as to whether this is a (known) bug, and if so, when can we expect it to be fixed?