cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus M15 GU502L - Sent back twice, still problems

nfoster187
Level 7
I am going to try and temper my frustrations as much as possible.

To start off this is a great machine when it is in my possession and when it works.

Warranty Return 1 - Sudden power loss that would not turn back on, returned for repair and got back with mainboard replacement. I had indicated that the computer was in a constant reboot loop @ idle and that was not addressed as it was still happening. Shipping $40.00

Warranty Return 2 - Still having the constant reboot loop @ idle and freezing quite often during light load tasks. Just got it back saying they replaced the thermals. Shipping $40.00 for what appears to be an error when they replaced the main board.

Current issues: Still has a constant reboot loop, it will blue screen and it is too fast to reboot for me to capture the error code, will freeze when I attempt to wake it and sometimes when it returns from a reboot the fans just do not turn on. When I look in event viewer i just say sudden reboot with no other information.

Now, I am extremely frustrated having an expensive laptop that I have had to further spend $80.00 on and still have a computer that is unusable. If I could return this to the store I would in a HEART BEAT.

Please assist me, I love the machine but have zero confidence in the reliability and I am not sure where else to turn.
5 REPLIES 5

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi nfoster187,
May I double confirm if you turn on it, it will blue screen or auto restart constantly in idle? How long was the idle time before the issues occurred?
Are you able to record a video about blue screen error message, do windows update and system diagnosis in MyASUS?
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045716/
May I have the bios version and the serial number of your laptop via PM?
Thank you.

PM Sent.

You are correct, it will boot and then will usually do fine under load. Last night I was experiencing some unusual sluggishness but the fans may not have been working (this is how I realized it the first time). The blue screen is not predictable and I would capture a video but I just do not have the time to devote to that. The reboots are so consistent that I had to turn the boot noise off because it drove me nuts (3-5 times per hour).

I ran the MyAsus diagnostic just now and it had me update a .net framework but otherwise gave no other suggestions.

I apprecaite your support.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi nfoster187,
Thank you for your reply.
Because this is RMA related case, I've moved the thread to Service-Related Inquiries subforum, and our Customer Loyalty Team will help to look into this case.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

cl-Adrian
Level 8
nfoster187 wrote:
I am going to try and temper my frustrations as much as possible.

To start off this is a great machine when it is in my possession and when it works.

Warranty Return 1 - Sudden power loss that would not turn back on, returned for repair and got back with mainboard replacement. I had indicated that the computer was in a constant reboot loop @ idle and that was not addressed as it was still happening. Shipping $40.00

Warranty Return 2 - Still having the constant reboot loop @ idle and freezing quite often during light load tasks. Just got it back saying they replaced the thermals. Shipping $40.00 for what appears to be an error when they replaced the main board.

Current issues: Still has a constant reboot loop, it will blue screen and it is too fast to reboot for me to capture the error code, will freeze when I attempt to wake it and sometimes when it returns from a reboot the fans just do not turn on. When I look in event viewer i just say sudden reboot with no other information.

Now, I am extremely frustrated having an expensive laptop that I have had to further spend $80.00 on and still have a computer that is unusable. If I could return this to the store I would in a HEART BEAT.

Please assist me, I love the machine but have zero confidence in the reliability and I am not sure where else to turn.

My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this case. Please email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Complete Shipping Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:

Thanks for responding, email has been sent.