cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Strix 3080 OC. Terrible Warzone performance?

Dorrak
Level 7
I just recently upgraded my gpu from a GTX 1080 to the 3080. However, my fps in Warzone hardly increased. I went from 80 - 120 fps to 100 - 140 fps with the same settings.

My gpu usage is also only setting at around 60% in game. What's the deal? I also did not really gain any fps in Elder Scrolls Online. For the price of the card I'm pretty disappointed. Not getting near the results I'm seeing others get with same hardware.

My specs:

CPU: AMD 5800x
GPU: Asus Strix 3080 OC
Ram: 32 GB 3600mhz
MB: Asus Strix B550-F Gaming
PSU: Corsair HX 1000i
13 REPLIES 13

xeromist
Kind of sounds like you have another bottleneck in your system. Are you sure the memory is running at 3600? I would try to run some benchmarks to see if your CPU and GPU performance are approximately what you'd expect for those components.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Dorrak
Level 7
Yes my ram is running at 3600 mhz. Everything in my system has been running fine all year. Only thing I did was replace my GTX 1080 with the 3080.

I get spikes up to high 180s in fps but constant drops down to 120 - 140. It's all over the place as is the gpu usage.

I also update chipset driver and got the latest MB bios.

JoergH
Level 7
Run TimeSpy (default settings) and post the results here.
I have two RTX3080 OC and one goes to 17895 points there (@stock) and the other to 17005 points.
If your card is much slower there, we can take a look at the software...
And : Disable Afterburner or other "Tweaking Software" like Asus -Things and reboot. Then start the Test...

Dorrak
Level 7
Ran it and got a GPU score of 17776. CPU 12058 and a combined score of 16588

JoergH
Level 7
Thats totaly normal for that card.
So the problem is not windows or a driver, because your gtx1080 would only have 7500 gpu score (i know that because my old pc has a gtx1080).
*Did you check the temps, maybe it throddels because its runing to hot?

Dorrak
Level 7
Forgot to mention that bench was ran in Windows 11.

Temps never get over 70c. Seems to hold around 2050mhz+ the entire time I'm playing. I think its just something with Warzone specifically at this point.

I just don't get how others with almost the exact same specs are holding at around 98% gpu usage and much high frames in that game.

xeromist
Are the other people with the 98% usage on Win 11? Maybe that's the difference.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

JoergH
Level 7
Do you have VSync enabled or a Frame-Limiter?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I would still consider using DDU and removing the driver entirely when replacing a GPU.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090