cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Manager error with Z590 motherboard

Hadrian
Level 7
Hi, I have just instaled a Z590 motherboard on my PC and I have an error in my Device Manager.

I can't figure out how to fix this issue. Can anyone give me some help on this?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
Have you installed all of the drivers from the support page for your board? Note that some of the categories can be expanded to see additional items you may have missed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Yes, I have installed everything and updated the BIOS, etc. But thanks for the good suggestion. I'm confused as to what could be causing this fault but I will start stripping out things and see if anything changes. It's too late now to do it but tomorrow at some point I will begin the process.

Saltgrass
Level 13
You haven't expanded out each section, as suggested. The one you want to look into is the one with the Chipset drivers showing or the Intel Management engine.

Also, the Window 10 section has most of the drivers in case you are only looking at the Win 11 drivers. Win 10 drivers are still fine for a Win 11 install.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

"You haven't expanded out each section"

With all due respect, you don't know what I have done or not done.

I said I install everything and so that is what I did.

Please don't be so rude to people it is not nice.

I did a full rebuild and instaled a fresh copy of Windows 10. Drastic I know, but yeah it had to be done.
The original windows 10 I had was instaled on a Prime Z490-A (which went faulty) and I think that is where the issues came from.
I believe, but can't be 100% certain that windows was stopping me from overwriting some common files or some drivers from the Prime Z490 install bugged out the new Z590 intel drivers.

Anyway, after installing all the drivers from the support page my Device Manager is showing everything is working as it should be.

Thank you all for your help (and forgive my short temper).

xeromist
Glad you fixed it! Yeah I hate reinstalling when I do an upgrade as well. I've often been OK but sometimes you just hit one of those annoying issues and it's actually faster to just clean install.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

TheRock
Level 7
I had the PCI Device and SM Bus Controller errors there and searched and found on the Intel.com driver and software section. The chipset INF Utility file "setupchipset.exe". That fixed my 2 errors. Apparently Windows installation will overwrite the Intel chipset driver and can cause those errors. I think I will keep that file for future Windows updates lol

cheers

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
the intel z590 are 3 files. chipset/IO/IME. you can use the one of the OEm board website.
Learn, Play Enjoy!