cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you check my BIOS?

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Hi,
I'm inexperienced. Today I updated the BIOS to my motherboard.
This is my hardware:
CPU: Intel i9 7940X

MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti

SSD Drive:
(C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
(D) 2TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 2TB SATA III 6Gbit/s interface (for video exporting
(E) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe
RAM:
DIMM DDR4 32GB G.Skill PC 3200 CL14 KIT (4x8GB) 32GTZR Tri/ Z RGB [F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR]
COOLING SYSTEM: Corsair H150i 360mm cooler

I do everything with my PC. I also make videoediting.
I don't need overclock it, I want my PC works well.
Since when I updated the BIOS everything went to default, I would be grateful if you could check my BIOS setup. T
hank you, 1000 Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
Defaults are generally fine, except for memory. It looks like you have XMP selected but perhaps you had not rebooted since you applied it since it says it's running at 2133. So I would just make sure it's actually running at 3200 stable and you should be fine.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

FoxAdriano
Level 11
THANK YOU A LOT for your suggestion. Could you tell me how can I check your info? How can I check if XMP is running at 3200 stable?
Then: do you think my Processor Intel i9 7940X is working with all the cores correctly foe videoediting?

Englishman_Xper
Level 9
Just a quick one because you mentioned video editing on the SSD.

I would do all my video editing from the NVMe instead of a SSD.

Even an external NVMe capped by the USB 10gbps will be faster, I tested this with the Strix Arion enclosure vs a SSD. (something like 300 to 500MB/s for internal SSD versus 600 to 800MB/s transfers for the external NVMe)

IRL -> I noticed quite an impact during importing/exporting/caching and even rendering. I can shave some time this way.

Also, I believe that your board has some sort of a physical switch to enable XMP, not really sure but have a look at the manual.

Good looking machine, looks very solid for video editing even though its not up to date. 😉

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Please, how can I check that XMP is running at 3200 stable?
I think it is the right page to check it. Is it right?

xeromist
Yes, in this newest screenshot it is now running at 3200. So you are good. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

BigJohnny
Level 13
You can get a lot more out of it with lower temps. A lot of overclocking guides out there. Most of the settings are on the first page but you have to find the capabilities of your chip.
The publications tab in the forums seems to have disappeared. Der8aur did one that is a starting point for just about all chips.