cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1101 caused a no Boot until CSM turned back on and UEFI shut off

bitbob
Level 7
I have updated my Rog Rampage VI extreme encore to bios 1101 which was suppose to make it compatible with windows 11. Suprise it made the settings change unbootable. I found that while the boot ssd was visible in the simple bios settings it no longer showed in advanced boot until I changed back from UEFI to other in the system software. Then I could reset the default boot to the right ssd and load windows 10 again. I found that if I activated UEFI or turned off CSM the option to select the boot drive disappeared and the no boot drive found warning took me back to the bios setup. In the simple mode the drives still showed in the drive list but nothing showed in the bootable drive list. I have a wide variety of drives-M.2 ssds-ssds-2-15tb hard drives-USB connected drives of all types etc. The boot M.2 ssd is on an ASUS M.2 4 ssd card in a PCIe slot. ASUS help was no help as I had already done the trouble-shooting they suggested. Any ideas? I did check that the new bios set up the PTT value to active and started the tpm security hardware. When I ran the microsoft 11 compatibility test with CSM and Other selected it just said I could not provide a safe boot (which is turned on).
2 REPLIES 2

Nonny
Level 10
hello bitbob,

i have the encore too , but i flashed it with the "BIOS Flashback" function (with the butten on the backside) over USB stick and i have no trouble with CSM mode on and off.
My TPM was already on by default and i am on UEFI boot on a SSD , no trouble here with BIOS 1101 on win10 , maybe Reflashing it over the USB BIOS Flashback funktion and then Directly "load optimized defaults" and after that "CLR CEMOS Button" and then configure it new. from other Rampage boards i know sometimes it flashes not corectly the first time , better is reset the BIOS and start new ...

Greetings

RedSector73
Level 12