cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS XI FORMULA CrossChill EK III connectors

calleone
Level 9
Good day,
I have the Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA Z390 motherboard and my CrossChill EK III connectors are no longer good. I also need a new sealing ring. Where can I get a replacement? Or are there other suitable water cooler for it? I hope you can help me, the motherboard was very expensive and I want to keep it on my water cooling system.
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi calleone,

So what you're saying is, you stripped out the threads of the EK crosschill water block?

Unfortunately, the EK crosschill water block isn't available or sold separately but don't fear, the EK crosschill water block is designed for air or water cooling. You can use air cooling, you'll just have warmer vrm temps is all.

Hi Nate152, thanks for your quick reply.
Yes the thread/connection is not so good anymore. My computer is completely water cooled, I don't want to use fans, I would like to keep cooling the motherboard perfectly with water. Is there by any chance from EKWB or any other company a cooler that fits this motherboard?

Nate152
I hate to tell anyone no but you're not going to find one.

It's times like this I wish there was such a thing as a computer junk yard but even then, it could be difficult to find. You might can find a faulty ROG Maximus XI Formula someone is letting go cheap as parts.

But as I mentioned above, you're not in too big of a bind. The EK crosschill water block is an excellent heatsink, you don't need any fans blowing over it. It cools the vrms quite well even when overclocking, although an intake and exhaust fan is preferred with your case.

Do you have 0 fans in your case?

That a 500€ motherboard plastic connectors for water cooling are installed is already annoying enough, but that you then no replacement about Asus or EKWB gets, I'm at a loss for words. I was so proud to have my entire computer water cooled and have taken extra money in hand, now I have to live with it, that makes me sad. Nevertheless, thank you for your answer and have a nice evening.

Nate152
Most water blocks are made of acetal or another name, thermoplastic.

You have to be careful not to overtighten the fittings or as you can see, you strip the threads or even crack the water block. What I do is install the fittings finger tight, then give them just a little more to get a good seal on the o-ring.

I've heard of people using plumbers tape on the threads of fittings and had success, but I'm not going to tell you to try this as it may leak onto your motherboard.

OK, thanks for pointing that out.

Nate152

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi calleone,
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- the photo of the connectors and the sealing ring you mentioned on your motherboard
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi calleone,
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- the photo of the connectors and the sealing ring you mentioned on your motherboard
Thank you.

Hey @STARRAIN@ROG,
I just read your post, didn't think anyone else would get back to me about this. I'll send you my serial number via private message. Is there any way to get a spare part?

With kind regards calle