Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Results 191 to 195 of 195
  1. #191
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    202
    Posts
    2,628

    Quote Originally Posted by jking63 View Post
    Any recommendations for successful XMP on the new G.Skill 6600 (F5-6600J3440G16GX2-TZ5RK)? I've tried repeatedly with various voltage settings, ala what was profiled in the OP, namely vdd, vddq, VCCSA, MC VDD, TX VDDQ to get it to run reliably on XMP but no go. My G.Skill 5600 CL36 runs error free and rock solid on my Extreme with these settings, 1.25v with VCCSA on Auto.

    Hello,

    The Extreme is only validated up to 6400MT, you may have to accept that 6600 is unobtainable. Tune for 6000-6400 where possible.

  2. #192
    New ROGer Array jking63 PC Specs
    jking63 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z690 Maximus Extreme (BIOS 1403)
    ProcessorAlder Lake i9-12900K
    Memory (part number)32GB/F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5K XMP2 (error free)
    Graphics Card #1Evga 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra w/EKWB Quantum Vector
    Sound CardOnboard Realtek via SPDIF (Logitech Z625 THX)
    MonitorROG Strix XG438Q
    Storage #1Kingston KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB (m.2_1 Boot)
    Storage #22x WD SN850 2TB NVMe (m.2_2, m.2_3; games)
    CPU CoolerEK-Quantum Velocity˛ D-RGB - AM4 Nickel + Acetal
    CaseCorsair 7000D Airflow
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1600W P2
    Keyboard CORSAIR K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical
    Mouse Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
    Headset Corsair H70 Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM350 Premium Anti-Fray
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z625 THX
    OS Windows 11 Pro x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AX86U w/Merlin FW
    Accessory #1 HWL 420GTS/Corsair XR5 420 Rads (2x loops)
    Accessory #2 2x EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi
    Accessory #3 EK-Quantum Torque STC 12/16 - Satin Titanium w/ZMT Tubing

    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

    The Extreme is only validated up to 6400MT, you may have to accept that 6600 is unobtainable. Tune for 6000-6400 where possible.
    Thank you Silent Scone, I find it a bit odd that G.Skill has it on their QVL, however I broke from my usual tradition in checking with board manufacturer first on this. In your opinion, will this be rectified with further BIOS maturation? I built my rig mainly for gaming and chose the Extreme in part for it's connector layout and aesthetics as it pertained to my case wiring and very well may have gone for an Apex otherwise but I'm very pleased with the Extreme nonetheless. At this point, would you recommend the 6400 for it's XMP compatibility, though for gaming I'm of the opinion it won't offer up that much of a gain overall, perhaps I should consider clocking my 5600 to 6k and wait things out, again thank you for your response.

    I'm running my 5600 1.25v on all of the following except VCCSA (@ Auto)
    vdd, vddq, VCCSA, MC VDD, TX VDDQ
    Last edited by jking63; 05-17-2022 at 03:48 PM.

  3. #193
    New ROGer Array ykeyre PC Specs
    ykeyre PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS Z690 APEX
    Processori9-12900KS SP93
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR5 5600MT CL36 CMK32GX5M2B5600C36
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 TI Founders Edition
    MonitorROG Swift PG329Q
    Storage #1Samsung 980 PRO 2 TB PCIe 4.0 M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 980 PRO 2 TB PCIe 4.0 M.2
    CPU CoolerCorsair iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200 1200W 80+ Platinum
    OS Windows 11 Pro

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by jking63 View Post
    Thank you Silent Scone, I find it a bit odd that G.Skill has it on their QVL, however I broke from my usual tradition in checking with board manufacturer first on this. In your opinion, will this be rectified with further BIOS maturation? I built my rig mainly for gaming and chose the Extreme in part for it's connector layout and aesthetics as it pertained to my case wiring and very well may have gone for an Apex otherwise but I'm very pleased with the Extreme nonetheless. At this point, would you recommend the 6400 for it's XMP compatibility, though for gaming I'm of the opinion it won't offer up that much of a gain overall, perhaps I should consider clocking my 5600 to 6k and wait things out, again thank you for your response.

    I'm running my 5600 1.25v on all of the following except VCCSA (@ Auto)
    vdd, vddq, VCCSA, MC VDD, TX VDDQ
    Asus will not admit this but Z690 motherboards have way too much discrepancy with regards to memory stability and performance ceiling. I have been through 4 different Z690 Apex, 3 Z690-A D4 WIFI and 2 Z690 Hero motherboards. Using the same CPU and memory config, they were all different in terms of ram stability. 1 of them would not even boot to windows after trying 6 separate kits of RAM, all of which were listed on QVL and using default speeds. Z690 is by far the worst generation of motherboard Asus has ever made.

  4. #194
    New ROGer Array jking63 PC Specs
    jking63 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z690 Maximus Extreme (BIOS 1403)
    ProcessorAlder Lake i9-12900K
    Memory (part number)32GB/F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5K XMP2 (error free)
    Graphics Card #1Evga 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra w/EKWB Quantum Vector
    Sound CardOnboard Realtek via SPDIF (Logitech Z625 THX)
    MonitorROG Strix XG438Q
    Storage #1Kingston KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB (m.2_1 Boot)
    Storage #22x WD SN850 2TB NVMe (m.2_2, m.2_3; games)
    CPU CoolerEK-Quantum Velocity˛ D-RGB - AM4 Nickel + Acetal
    CaseCorsair 7000D Airflow
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1600W P2
    Keyboard CORSAIR K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical
    Mouse Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
    Headset Corsair H70 Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM350 Premium Anti-Fray
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z625 THX
    OS Windows 11 Pro x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AX86U w/Merlin FW
    Accessory #1 HWL 420GTS/Corsair XR5 420 Rads (2x loops)
    Accessory #2 2x EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi
    Accessory #3 EK-Quantum Torque STC 12/16 - Satin Titanium w/ZMT Tubing

    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by ykeyre View Post
    Asus will not admit this but Z690 motherboards have way too much discrepancy with regards to memory stability and performance ceiling. I have been through 4 different Z690 Apex, 3 Z690-A D4 WIFI and 2 Z690 Hero motherboards. Using the same CPU and memory config, they were all different in terms of ram stability. 1 of them would not even boot to windows after trying 6 separate kits of RAM, all of which were listed on QVL and using default speeds. Z690 is by far the worst generation of motherboard Asus has ever made.
    I cannot disagree with this, but will say that memory manufacturers are at present outpacing BIOS releases where mobo makers are still dealing with a great many issues not least of which is memory stability, I just don't see any support for much higher speed ram for months yet sadly. I'm very fortunate with my Extreme, yes but I built it mainly for gaming with light overclocking atm via Asus AI. The G.Skill 5600 I've had running since last Dec is performing very well, stable in every benchmark and should Asus feel the need to give us even more for our expensive boards, I'd love to try some higher speed stuff.

  5. #195
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    202
    Posts
    2,628

    Quote Originally Posted by jking63 View Post
    I cannot disagree with this, but will say that memory manufacturers are at present outpacing BIOS releases where mobo makers are still dealing with a great many issues not least of which is memory stability, I just don't see any support for much higher speed ram for months yet sadly. I'm very fortunate with my Extreme, yes but I built it mainly for gaming with light overclocking atm via Asus AI. The G.Skill 5600 I've had running since last Dec is performing very well, stable in every benchmark and should Asus feel the need to give us even more for our expensive boards, I'd love to try some higher speed stuff.


    Unfortunately, simply because a kit is present on the QVL doesn't ensure stability, especially when aiming for the maximum validated ratio as some concessions often need to be made. This is why the boards are equipped with various Tweak Modes and the ever present ability to adjust memory subsets.

    These things can take time and a methodical approach. Simply chopping out parts and hoping for some kind of circuit eureka isn't always going to help depending on ones expectations or experience.



    Here's 6800 working last year, this took me several hours to dial in the timings and voltages.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6800 working.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	552.7 KB 
ID:	93166

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •